Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A skin tag? nipple?

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
    • Alicia Conklin
      Participant
      721 posts Send Private Message

Tucker was flopped out today and I reached down to pet her on her side.  There was a tiny bump there so I got down to take a better look.  It’s flesh colored with a dryer center.  It looks like it could MAYBE be a nipple…based on what cat nipples look like but I can only find the one.  It’s not red or inflammed, I was just wondering if bunnies get skin tags like people do or if this could possibly be something more serious?

• BinkyBunny
        8776 posts Send Private Message

sounds like a nipple. Keep an eye on it though to just make sure that it’s not a growth.

• kimberleyanddarren
          Participant
          2520 posts Send Private Message

i agree, only sounds like a nipple just make sure there is no change in it and if there is go to the vet asap but it sounds normal

• Alicia Conklin
            Participant

Ok thanks guys, it just seemed weird since it was way on the side of her belly like almost on her side and it was the only one that I could feel. And I’d also think that if that had always been there that Id have felt it before. I’ll keep an eye on it though and make sure there is no change.

• Kokaneeandkahlua
              Participant
              12067 posts Send Private Message

Rabbit’s have weird nipples, they have six I believe, and they are always there (don’t get bigger for pregnancy) but they are a little hard to find. If she’ll let you fiddle around down there you’ll likely find a matching one on the other side

• Alicia Conklin
                Participant

http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?cls=18&cat=1803&articleid=2694

This site says that only female rabbits have nipples?  Is that true?  It seems so weird I thought all animals had nipples regardless of being a male or female just as male humans have nipples.  ANyway, it IS definitely a nipple..I found the matching one!

• Kokaneeandkahlua
                  Participant
                  12067 posts Send Private Message

I know, I’ve read that too!! We were thinking that it’s a good way to confirm sex in rabbits, because it’s hard to tell if they are really female…if you find nipples then it’s definitely a she!! I believe they are the only mammal that has no nipples in males

• KatnipCrzy
                    Participant
                    2981 posts Send Private Message

Nipples are not always even either- so if you think you find one- the opposite side nipple may not be directly across from it.  It is weird when we shave pets for spay to see how uneven their nipple spacing is sometimes.

Viewing 7 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A skin tag? nipple?