Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR Sister yelled at me and now my rabbit is scared and doesn’t want to move.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    • Jams
      Participant
      5 posts Send Private Message

I’ve had Miffy for over a year now and she’s constantly running around licking me and following me anywhere I go and getting up to mischief. My sister came to visit a few days ago – for context she has bpd and we aren’t very close. On the afternoon of the 10th (tuesday) my sister had a bit of an episode and started screaming at us while Miffy was napping (sister was outside miffy and i were inside) and eventually even tried throwing a plant pot at the window where my head was. Miffy of course woke up and got super freaked out, I ended up taking her to my room on the other side of the house away from the yelling and she hid under my bed and licked a plushy while mum dealt with the situation outside. After my sister left Miffy calmed down and came back out of her shell and was seemingly ok for the rest of the day however when we woke up the next morning Miffy did not want to leave her enclosure where her litterbox and food and water are and insisted on sitting there and wasn’t eating which is super unusual for her because our morning routine is I wake up and open her pen and she comes and runs into the loungeroom with me to play while I eat breakfast. I eventually got her to eat some grass (one of her favourite special snacks is grass from our backyard) but had to almost put it in her mouth to get her to eat it and after she had started munching it she got back to normal and went to run around the house and play so I thought that was that and that she was fine now but the next morning it happened again and has kept happening every day since my sisters screaming match and it seems as if it’s getting harder to pull her out of her funk each day. She normally is in a very peaceful and quiet environment and I don’t plan on letting my sister near her or the house any time in the near future because of how terrified she made my baby but I also don’t know how to show Miffy that it’s safe and get her to stop acting funny after we leave her to go to bed each night… need some advice since I’ve never seen her act this way and it’s stressing me out and I miss seeing my girl happy and running around

• DanaNM
        8901 posts Send Private Message

I’m sorry you and had to go through all of that. 🙁

I think she will get back to normal soon. The important thing is to make sure she’s eating enough and pooping normally, to make sure the stress didn’t cause a gut slowdown. Making she has a quite place with hides and her familiar things will help.

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Jams
            Participant
            5 posts Send Private Message

I’ve been making sure she’s eating well and she’s been pooping fine so that’s a relief haha
              She’s doing a bit better today with the activity levels so fingers crossed it stays that way and she has lots of areas to hide throughout the house too so that’s a bonus. Thank you for the reassurance! 🙂

• LBJ10
            16869 posts Send Private Message

It sounds like this scary event just put her on high alert. I’m sure she will calm down after awhile.

Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR Sister yelled at me and now my rabbit is scared and doesn’t want to move.