Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE Sir Henry Fuzzy Bottoms. – Love to identify type of Lion/Jersey

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    • Josiebear
      Participant
      3 posts Send Private Message

Here is my precious , scrumptious, and glomp-worthy little boy. His name is Sir Henry Fuzzy Bottoms and I rescued him from the Humane Society in 2015. At the time they had him labeled as a Jersey Wooly, Male, 2 years old. This Feb of 2021 he turned 8 years old! Henry was the first rabbit I’ve had experience with and I sort of went in blind XD. I grew up fascinated, and obsessed about rabbits, but never had the chance at owning one. I saw him on the online Website and squealed, “I want’s it, I gots to has it, my precious”.

The one thing that never sat solid with me was the identification of Henry as a Jersey Wooly. The research I’ve done in the past, I don’t feel like the images of a Jersey Wooly captures him. However, when I look at Lionhead pictures, he totally like looks like a LH.

If he is a Lionhead , I was wondering if anyone here could help me ID/confirm his breed, and even more the type? IE Otter, Sable, ect ect. I would love to know the Coat color and hair type!

Thank you so much for reading this!

Josephine

• DanaNM
        8901 posts Send Private Message

He is very cute and what a perfect name!

I’m not sure on the breed, but some of the other forum moderators are better with the breed game than I am. To me he looks like he could be a lionhead with maybe with some dwarf in there (based on head shape and ear size)? He might have a small amount of wooly or angora somewhere in his genes to give him that floof. How big is he?

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Josiebear
            Participant

Aww thank you! He is my cuddle buns, I still cannot get over his cuteness XD.

He is 4 Lbs , and has maintained that for the last 6 years.

He has never been a big eater, and will only eat if he’s starving. Michelle (his mate , flemish giant) is a chow hound XD

He was a lot fuzzier when he was younger, during the summer time I would then trim around his neck and ears to keep him cool. Now that he’s 8 I’ve noticed that the last 2 years, his fur has been shorter and he doesn’t shed as much. I feel like it also has to do with the changing weather patterns here as we haven’t had that cold of a winter last few years.  Thank you so much LBJ10 and DanaNM for the wonderful replies !    Regardless of what he is, he is absolutely adorable XD

Cheers,

Josephine

• LBJ10
            16870 posts Send Private Message

Lionhead fur type can vary a lot! From these pictures, I would say he’s probably a lionhead. He has the telltale mane and beard of a lionhead. He’s just more fuzzy looking (as opposed to wispy).

• DanaNM
              8901 posts Send Private Message

He really is so cute 🙂

Since you mentioned his eating habits, just wanted to mention that lionheads are starting to build a reputation for dental problems. So if you notice a change in his eating habits, def get a molar exam.

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Josiebear
                  Participant

I am glad you mentioned that!

He had a check up back in Jan of 2020. His dental worked looked really good except for his two back molars. I took him in because his eye was draining, they did a flush and his nasal was infected. The vet said that this is a more common issue with older rabbits especially smaller breeds factors included the way their mouth is formed. She thinks Henry might not be using his back molars to grind the Timothy down so they were a bit longer than they should and it was pushing up into his Nasal cavity. He was on Ofloxacin for 2 weeks, it helped alot but his eyes was watering. I have been cleaning his teeth since he was 2 years old and went ahead and filed down his back molars. Ever since then he hasn’t had a problem and the watering in his eyes cleared up. He’s been perkier and more energetic as well!

Viewing 3 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE Sir Henry Fuzzy Bottoms. – Love to identify type of Lion/Jersey