Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A sinistermooess, Starbucks? Helo? Babies?

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
    • jerseygirl
      22345 posts Send Private Message

Just wondering how it’s all going?

• Balefulregards
        Participant
        715 posts Send Private Message

From what I know, Runty did finally die. That left two babies, one of whom Sarah named Eustace.

Sarah also found that Starbucks must have had another baby that she buried in the bedding at birth, as she found that one when Starbucks destroyed the nest. So 3 Born alive, 1 born dead…and Runty didn’t make it through the full week.

Things were quiet until last week – when Sarah had moved the buns to clean the cage – and her cats got in and got one of the babies – Eustace.
          She was sure she had shut the door behind her – but she thinks one of the cats got in…somehow.

That was the last I heard – One baby left alive. Sarah was devastated about Eustace. She had a pretty #$@!ty week last week.

• jerseygirl

Thanks Baleful. I’ve just come from reading about Eustace on her blog. I’ll email her privately.

• (dig)x(me)x(now)
            Participant
            2517 posts Send Private Message

• Beka27
              Participant
              16016 posts Send Private Message

i am so sorry to hear this. that is very upsetting! poor little baby.

• xParadise
                Participant
                182 posts Send Private Message

I was wondering about her the other day too.. I hadn’t heard anything about the cat getting in though. That’s very upsetting, I hope she’s alright.

• sinistermooess
                  Participant
                  45 posts Send Private Message

Hi guys

Thanks for all your thoughts.  My cats are finally not afraid of me anymore, i went ballistic and they hid for a day and half.  Spent two hours crumpled on the floor sobbing my eyes out.  My oldest cat Pickle Pie laid next to me and licked away my tears, such a sweety.  All the babies are now deceased and we are setting up an appt to get Helo fixed so that Starbuck and him can share the same cage again, they miss each other terribly.  Starbuck is actually doing fine, she doesn;t seem to  mind not having a babe to care for.  I still get sad and as things would happen i see baby bunny pictures EVERYWHERE…white ones….it makes me just so mad.  Missing Eustace over here.

Sarah

• Sarita
                    Participant
                    18851 posts Send Private Message

Oh I’m so sorry. It’s hard when those things happen.

I’m glad Helo and Starbucks are doing well though. Hugs to you.

• Beka27
                      Participant
                      16016 posts Send Private Message

continued healing vibes to you. i would have done the same thing (crumpled on the floor crying). even tho they were only with you a short time, i know you loved them. you did what you could and please don’t feel guilty at all. these things happen. that doesn’t make it any EASIER, but that’s just the way it is. take pride in Starbucks and Helo, shower them with love, and you will get past this difficult time.

• xParadise
                        Participant
                        182 posts Send Private Message

I know these are hard circumstances, but please don’t be too hard on yourself. If it wasn’t for you NONE of these rabbits would have survived. Some of these things are just out of our control. Best wishes to you and your two beautiful buns

• Kokaneeandkahlua
                          Participant
                          12067 posts Send Private Message

It’s not your fault-cats are bad sometimes!! *HUGS* Glad you are getting them fixed, I bet they do miss each other.

• BinkyBunny
                            8776 posts Send Private Message

I am so sorry! I would be feeling the same way. Hugs to you!

• bunnytowne
                              Participant
                              7537 posts Send Private Message

Ohh noooo you poor things.  what a horrible time you are  having.   sending get better vibes.   So sorry this has happened.

• jerseygirl

You really have had a roller coaster ride with these bunnies. I really admire the efforts you’ve made and continue to make. Do Helo and Starbucks get supervised time together? Rabbits can unbond very quickly. You have some time ahead of you yet that they’ll be separated – up to 6 wks post neuter I think (???!) So take care when you can finally put them together. Glad you’ve popped back in for the update. There are many experienced members here with rabbit bonding knowledge so be sure to give them a yell when this next phase approaches. Hope there’ll be lots of fun bun time ahead for you now. *Babies~binky free together!*

Viewing 13 reply threads
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A sinistermooess, Starbucks? Helo? Babies?