Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR Sid & Mopsey

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    • Tami
      Participant
      163 posts Send Private Message

Well, the “big day” went well and Sid & Mopsey are home and seem like they are back to normal already :oD

We had them altered last Thursday and the vets kept them overnight.  I hated it but they felt it was best for the bunns, so I had to agree.  I wanted to go visit them so bad but I didn’t want them getting excited when they saw us, since they needed to keep still, so we waited patiently until Friday morning to pick them up.

They are both eating and drinking just like normal and already binkying……we stop this ASAP, though, so they don’t make their recovery time any longer than need be, but it’s so wonderful to see them happy !  It brought a tear to my eyes when I saw that *sniffle*  Of course I cried the night before hubby took them to the vet (I just couldn’t bring myself to go along with him because I knew I would become a blubbering mess in front of everyone, so I made him do the ‘dirty work’), the day he dropped them off (Thurs.) & then all day Friday because they weren’t their happy selves…….I wouldn’t be either after all they went through & almost regretted having done it, but seeing how quick they bounced back was a totally unexpected joy and I’m glad we had it done now :o))

The hormones are still in tact, though, as I know they will be for at least 30 days.  Sid was trying to attack his daddy when he tried to clean up after him again, LOL !  That Sid-bunny is something else !  He weighs 6lbs. 8oz. & Mopsey weighs 5lbs. 11oz.  They’re very solid & healthy the vet said, which was also wonderful to hear !  We had the vet trim their nails, too, while they were there.  He didn’t charge any extra for that, so that was a nice surprise as well :o)

Anyway, we have another appointment for our little Netherland Dwarf girl, Bally, to be altered on Feb. 29th.  She’ll be 5 mos. old and I’m thinking of taking our new arrival Frosty, the Angora, in with her and get him done at the same time.

We’ll see how it goes…….

Tami

• Beka27
        Participant
        16016 posts Send Private Message

excellent!  i’m glad things went well!  it is nerve-wracking to have a baby go in for any kind of surgery, but that’s also why it’s so important to have a good vet.  is your plan to bond them together?  that would be great for them to have some companionship.

• Sarita
          Participant
          18851 posts Send Private Message

Congratulations! I know it’s a relief to have them back and healthy and binkying.

• babybunsmum
            Participant
            3896 posts Send Private Message

yay they’re back & doing well!  glad to hear

• Tami
              Participant
              163 posts Send Private Message

Yes a relief it is !

I’m going to try and see about bonding them once everyone else has been taken care of.  My little Netherland Dwarf, Bally, is already friendly with Sid (Dutch/New Zealand mix).  They loved each other from the start, but Bally doesn’t like my 2 Holland Lop babies at all !  She fights with them through the cage bars when they are having their free time.  Mopsey, doesn’t like them either :o(  Poor babies……they are still at that curious stage having only turned 11 wks. this past Sat.

I’m hoping Mopsey’s attitude changes toward them once her hormones die down…….until then I will have to keep them separated as always :o(  But Sid and Mopsey……I think they’ll get along great together :o)

• Gravehearted
                Participant
                2428 posts Send Private Message

I’m really happy to hear they’re home safe now. It is so hard to take them in for surgery, and I’m so glad everything went well.
                  I hope Mopsey will mellow out a bit once her hormones calm down – but female rabbits do tend to be pretty territorial.

• kimberleyanddarren
                  Participant
                  2520 posts Send Private Message

i would be worried to! but they will be fine

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR Sid & Mopsey