Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Si Miao San

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    • Sarita
      Participant
      18851 posts Send Private Message

No, this is  not the name of my new bunny

My holistic vet is going to give me some for Maxine’s arthritis.

It a chinese healing herb for joint health.

What does it do?
        Si Miao Wan (Si Miao Pian, 四妙丸), literally “Four Marvel Pills” in Chinese, clears away heat and eliminates dampness.† The Chinese medicine may be used for downbearing of damp heat marked by weakness of the feet or redness and tumescence and feverish sensation and pain of the knees and feet, or leukorragia due to damp heat, eczema in the lower body, and scanty urination with darkish urine.†

I’m anxious to try it.  I’ve been doing the glucosamine for about 6 weeks now as well and I cannot tell if it’s working or not.

Maxine is doing well with the laser therapy too and today is the final treatment of the six.  I can see that she is sitting up which she did not do before so I’m taking that as a good sign that her joints are less painful.  By the way, this is through the regular vet, not the holistic vet.

We are still continuing daily with the metacam as well (non-steroid anti-inflammatory).

• Kokaneeandkahlua
        Participant
        12067 posts Send Private Message

Is this for arthritis? I’m so interested in this type of medicine (Because as much as people try to say it’s silly-its proven time and time again that it works!!!! For thousands of years!!! WAY ahead of us) please share (re; Mandy my ‘rents dog).

Glucosomine is supposed to lubricate so it does help in a lot of cases-hopefully that helps soon!!

• KatnipCrzy
          Participant
          2981 posts Send Private Message

When our first dog had cancer, my vet consulted a Holistic vet and I had Hershey on a whole list of supplements- including a chinese powder that I had to get shipped from the vet (the vet was 3 hours away- but a classmate of my vet) and the bottle was in chinese and I had no idea what it was except some type of “tea” powder I think.  The chinese name was on the bottle obviously- but the vet added other stuff to it too.

We had Hershey for another 5 months or so after diagnosis- so did all that stuff help?  i would like to think so.

• BinkyBunny
            8776 posts Send Private Message

Very interesting. It’s good to hear the laser treatment may be helping or maybe it is combination with the glucosamine?

Jack was doing binkies the other day, and I haven’t seen that in awhile and he seems more “comfortable” leaning on his front feet, so I think the glucosamine is continuing to work.

Keep us updated with this latest herb.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Si Miao San