Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS Should I move my bunnies?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    • PurplePineapples
      Participant
      6 posts Send Private Message

My sister moved out for college and now her room in open. I would like to move my rabbits into there and out of their cage, but I’m not sure if that’s a good idea or not. They would have more space, which would be good because they are overweight, and it would be much easier for me to clean my sister’s room than their cage. I would also be able to let them out of her room and into the hallway or my room, instead of stressing them out and taking them upstairs to exercise. It would be easier to visit them too, since they wouldn’t be in my basement and I could just walk across the hall. There is also a closet that I could store their things in, and it would make more room in my basement. Plus, it will be easier to reach my bunnies (I don’t have to try to get them out of the back of their cage), so if there is an emergency, like a fire, it will be easier to get them out. Plus, I think my bunnies would be much happier.🐇

Except for the problems with moving them. 😕 First of all, that room gets really hot in the summer (although we just got insulation in our attic, so it might not be as bad) and it can get pretty cold in the winter. But my basement stays around the same temperature all year. I also wouldn’t be able to talk to them or call them when I visit them in the evening, because I usually do that when my parents are asleep and it might wake them up. I’d need to buy more stuff to bunny proof the room too. And if I leave the door open my dogs could get in. They might also freak my bunnies out when they come upstairs or when they bark, but my bunnies can hear them from downstairs too. I also am in band and orchestra, and they are VERY afraid of how the instruments I play sound. I would need to find another place for the things we were going to keep in my sister’s room, too. Another problem is that my mom wants to make that room a classroom (which is pointless, but she still wants to) and thinks I won’t be able to keep it clean (even though it would be much easier to spot clean and I would be able to clean it with less difficulty). If moving the bunnies is a good idea I will have to convince her.

Let me know what you think I should do.

• HipHopBunny
        Participant
        640 posts Send Private Message

This sounds like a good idea, although as you said, it will be complicated. 🙂

What I would do first is to write a list listing all of the pros and cons:

Pros:

1: They would be closer to you, so easier access, and yay, neighbors! 🙂

2: It would be easier to clean.

3: More space is always good.

4: Easier to get them out in case of emergencies.

Cons:

1: Summer heat is the worst for buns. I wouldn’t be worried about winter, for they would be indoors so less cold, and they like cold. Well, ranges from 45-75 Fahrenheit, but you said you were getting AC in that room, so that should make it a good temperature.

2: Dogs, cats, they can scare rabbits. I wouldn’t be worried about them getting in, for you could just leave a sign on the door saying “Close Door, don’t let dogs in” but, barking can scare buns. Do they bark often? Are they big dogs? Do they like to scare your buns? If they do, then I would say it would most likely be best to leave them where they are at.

3: It could affect your band practice and other things you like to do in that area.

And 4: Your mom wants to make it into a classroom, and you will need her support to make this work.

The pros and cons are evenly balanced, I’d say. What side do you think is better? Did this idea jump out and say, “This is the right decision” Or was it more of a, “Oh, we could do that!”  If you feel strongly and surely towards the “This is right”, and you have worked out all of the problems, then I would say we could make this work. 🙂 You could sit down with your mom and talk about what you want and what she wants and find a solution. We are here for you to work this out, don’t be afraid to reach out! 🙂

Wishing you luck, and easy thinking! 🙂

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS Should I move my bunnies?