Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS should i free roam at night?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • mollie123
      Participant
      6 posts Send Private Message

I definitaly want to free roam my bunny in my bedroom but i was wondering if it would be best to buy a dog crate for him to sleep in at night and if so what to put in it? 🙂

• Azerane
        4688 posts Send Private Message

Whether you allow free roaming at night is up to you. I do think it’s good to have a home base for your bun regardless of whether it’s for night time or not, because you may want to shut bunny up while you’re not at home, or if you have visitors over that can’t be trusted to not open the bedroom door etc. You need to make sure that your room is completely bunny proofed, no access to electrical cables etc. Make sure the dog crate is nice and large, you’ll want plenty of room for a litter tray, hay rack, water bowl, hidey box and toys as well as room for bun to move. When bun is out free roaming you can leave the crate door open for them to come and go using the litter tray etc. You could probably skip having a hidey box in the cage if you covered half of the cage with a blanket or towel.

• Hazel
          Participant
          2587 posts Send Private Message

Agree with Azerane, you want some sort of pen because there will be times when you will have to put him up. There are different options, dog crates, x-pens and NIC condos will all do the trick. If you choose something with a smaller footprint like a dog crate, try to find one that’s tall enough so you can add a second level.

• mollie123
            Participant
            6 posts Send Private Message

ok thank you! this helped me a lot 🙂

• boisterous
              Participant
              3 posts Send Private Message

Our rabbit roams around cage-free in the living room, but we don’t let him into the bedroom or around anything unsupervised. In the living room, we put up a metal fence around our bookshelves at night since he’s been known to attack books when he’s bored.

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS should i free roam at night?