Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A shots

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    • Ralph
      Participant
      56 posts Send Private Message

Hi there ,

How often should I get my Rabbit shots (vaccins) for which deseases ?

• wendyzski
        Participant
        1312 posts Send Private Message

Where are you located?

In the US vaccines for rabbits are not needed.  I know that isn’t the case in the UK

• Gina
          Participant
          79 posts Send Private Message

I have never heard of any vaccinations for rabbits.  When you go to the vet, they usually do a “fecal float” where they test for a common disease.  That’s usually it.

• Beka27
            Participant
            16016 posts Send Private Message

I’m sorry! I don’t recall where you guys are located… I don’t think it’s the UK either… I’m thinking Germany? I really don’t know what vaccines are required in other parts of the world outside of North America and the UK/Australia. I would suggest you contact your vet, or if you have a chapter of the House Rabbit Society in your country, that would be even better!

• Ralph
              Participant

Hi guys . I am in South Korea. But vet here are money hungry jerks , and it’s hard to trust people here.
                He gave my bun , shots for several things in the beginning , and even rabies. I was just wondering how you guys
                are monitoring those kinds of innoculations for rabbits.

• jerseygirl
                22345 posts Send Private Message

Here are some resources that may assist in finding 1) the info you seek and 2) a reputable rabbit vet.

http://www.wsava.org/Korea.htm   Small Animal Veterinary Association

http://www.expat-advisory.com/south-korea/…g-vets.php

rabbits.meetup.com/cities/kr/ 

Also, consider contacting the Department of Veterinary Medicine there or even the Dept. of Agriculture to find out risks to domestic rabbits.

Hope this helps – Goodluck!

• Ralph
                  Participant

thanks for that

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A shots