Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE Shedded bunny fur

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • Moonlightbunny66
      Participant
      694 posts Send Private Message

So yeah, I’m that type of bunny owner that keeps the fur from brushing the bunnies… I just love them okay! I’ve been thinking about buying or making bunny plushies that look like Pinky and Muffin, then putting the fur I’ve collected into their own plushies. Just so I can have a piece of them furever. 🥺 I’ve been looking at bunny plushies on Etsy that have the option to have names printed on them. I just think it would be really sweet and comforting to have them.

Has anyone else done something like this? Lol! Or do you guys have any other ideas on what to do with the shedded fur?

• DanaNM
        8901 posts Send Private Message

This is a safe space LOL

OK so I saw this thing where people made felted crafts out of cat fur… it sounded gross to me but it actually was kind of cute in the end…. they made tiny cat finger puppets out of their cats fur. Perhaps you could do something like that?? If you look up “cat fur felting” you get lots of results!

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• kanin
          Participant
          139 posts Send Private Message

That sounds like a nice idea! Did you happen to find a shop that does a great job getting the likeness right? I’d be interested in it too.
            I’m really glad that I kept the fur from when I brushed my first bunny. I put his in a little vial necklace and also got a ring made with his fur in it. ❤️

• Bam
            16838 posts Send Private Message

I save my buns’ fur! I’ve used some of it for needle felting. I did a few, very simple, Christmas ornaments last year. Bunny fur is a bit less easy to work with than sheep’s wool, but you can use sheep’s wool as a foundation and needle felt the bunny fur onto it.

Needle felting is very easy and a lot of fun.

It’s very good to have some rabbit fur saved for use in a sore hock-bandage, should the bun ever need one. Rabbit fur is the only really good option for padding inside a sore hock bandage.

• Moonlightbunny66
              Participant
              694 posts Send Private Message

Thanks for the responses guys!! Seems like I’m not alone LOL!

DanaNM I’ll look at some videos! Thanks. 😀 I’m sure I could get plenty of fur off my cats too lol! And yes this is why I shared it with fellow bunny people! Safe space. 💜

@kanin I found some that look like they do a nice job of recreating pets in needle felt, not plushies yet. I was just hoping some would at least have similar colours to my buns! And that is so cute with the jewelry, so special. 💜 How did you get it into a ring? That sounds really cool. I might look into finding a necklace too!

Bam thanks for the ideas! Christmas ornaments sound so cute! 🥺 I actually didn’t know that about the bandaging, thanks for mentioning it. I’ll remember that!

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE Shedded bunny fur