Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A she can jump onto my bed

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    • Sunny
      Participant
      68 posts Send Private Message

Sienna’s figured it out. i watched her do it yesterday. she didn’t stand on anything; she just jumped straight up!

i found out that rabbits can jump three feet and even higher, but i also found out that landing funny when jumping down from high places can result in fractured or broken bones. she also likes to chew open her hay bags, which means hay mess, possibly pee, and whenever she does it the hay loses a lot of its freshness and she eats far less of it. mixing a fresh bag with the old stuff does seem to do the trick, but what happens when she chews that new bag open, too?

obviously Sienna needs her time out of her cage and i hate having her locked up, so does anyone have any temporary solutions? i have the space underneath my bed blocked off with black NIC grids, and i think adding another level might keep her down, but the box i bought has a ton of grids and not enough connectors (which are just these little plastic pieces that they conveniently came with – yay, i don’t need zip ties!). for now i could turn the connectors upwards and attach some grids on top but they’ll be less sturdy because their top corners won’t be connected. also, i said they might keep her down. they also might not. 

how do you keep your bun(s) off your bed?

• Sunny
        Participant
        68 posts Send Private Message

i also forgot to mention – i think i’m going to buy some pet stairs in the future just to keep her from jumping down straight onto the floor. whenever i set down pillows she tends to ignore them, but placing stairs that lead down to her main play/cage area might keep her from getting hurt. like i said, i don’t mind having her on my bed, and depending on the amount of work i’d have to do to keep her down, i might just go with the stairs. do you think this would be okay?

• tannr
          Participant
          27 posts Send Private Message

i don’t really have any advice for keeping buns off the bed, as i love having my boy sleep with me on mine and waking up to his cuddles in the morning! however, i have an ikea bed frame which i think is lower to the ground than more traditional American brands so i’ve never been worried about him jumping down. i would maybe try a floor pouf or large stool as a step down before buying pet stairs because the steps on stairs are better for walking and might be difficult to hop down.

with regard to the hay bag, i had the same problem and just started storing the bag of hay on top of my fridge. i’m looking for a nicer-looking basket that i can put the bag in so it’s not too ugly, but it’s the most convenient/least messy solution i’ve found so far.

• Kaninmor
            Participant
            27 posts Send Private Message

Kattis loves jumping up on the bed and the couch (well a little less lately :/). When we are out, we put pillows on the edge of the bed on the side she can get to, as she won’t jump onto them as that makes it a bit higher. Due to slippery floors, she only walks where we have mats and runners down for her. If your bun can get to all sides of your bed this might not be practical though

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A she can jump onto my bed