Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR sharing my 5 babys progress with you all

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • Author
    • xxtinkxx
      Participant
      22 posts Send Private Message

hi ,

i adopted my mini rex Mr.T from my sister who split with her b/f and had no space for him any more and ever since then just become a rabbit crazy woman and now have 4 well 9 including the 5 babys that arrived just 1 week ago!! there names Mr.T , rodger , rosie and a new addition lion head named poppy. the babys i want to wait to see their personalitys before i name them .

rosies babys were a shock as roger was tink at first!! bless.

you probley find this odd!! but……… rosie has well 1 best friend who she has just trusted to be near her babies and shes not human ……… she’s jes the cat and like a proud mother herself she cleans the babys with rosie and makes stupid little purrring noises its so cute aspecially when rosie and jes clean eachother.. AND i know what your thinking how stupid i mean a cat well trust me i have my eye on them everytime shes near the babys and so does rosie but its true they have grown up together (rosie &jes) there like little sisters.

rosie recently moved 2 babys into another nest which i was gutted about i thought she abandoned them i was inconsolable thinking i would lose them but………………. that night found them all huddled together *thankfully*

and just tonight my partner found rosie feeding all of her babys so i’m so happy!!

i’ll update everyday and if you have any questions please feel free to ask also do not trust any animals(apart from there mother) near your young as they are a risk to there lives i was lucky!!!

jenni xxx   

• (dig)x(me)x(now)
        Participant
        2517 posts Send Private Message

Wow! That’s quite a furry little family!

Are you looking into spaying and neutering?

• MooBunnay
          Participant
          3087 posts Send Private Message

Wow! Thats a big family right there The babies must be adorable! I just love how cute and teeny little baby buns are.

I’d recommend as soon as the babies are about three months old you need to separate the females from the males because females can get pregnant at as young as three months old, and also you’ll need to separate all the males because that is the age when the males start fighting.

• xxtinkxx
            Participant

hi ,

the babys look like there trying to open their eyes last night and i think in the next couple days they will be open hopefully….

answers to your questions

my 2 boys have been together for 2 years nearly and dont fight at all mr T is 4 1/2 years old and just so relaxed and he hates it when i take roger out of the hutch and as for roger he will try to het to the hutch i got him at 5 weeks old which i now have learned was too young to be homed!!!

and

neatured well i have no reasons to do that yet as there is no spraying and fighting or anymore pregnancys for the future as threy are all out at different times but obviously i want to do whats right by the and talk to my vet …….. do you think its absolutly nessesery to have them done ?????

thanx

jenni x

• xxtinkxx
              Participant

a baby buni walked through to the feeding bit of the hutch with its eyes open hehehe it was grey and walked rather slow so i’m calling it eyore hehe im hoping to get some pictures soon and show them!!

• wendyzski
                Participant
                1312 posts Send Private Message

Female rabbits have a very high rate of reproductive cancers (as high as 85% after 4 yrs) if they are not spayed.  In nature, it doesn’t matter if a mother bun dies after a couple of litters, but if you want her to have a longer and healthier life, get her spayed.

I don’t know much about cancer in male buns, but I know that they can be smelly and agressive if not neutered – they will mark their territory by spraying pee all over the place like fuzzy little lawn sprinklers!

• Gravehearted
                  Participant
                  2428 posts Send Private Message

It sounds like you’re having a lot of fun watching the babies growing. They’re so cute when they’re that little.

I think wendyzki’s point is right on – it is important to have your bunnies spayed and neutered. They live longer, healthier and happier lives. In regards to females, it is EXTREMELY important to have them spayed with the uterine cancer rate being so high.

• skunklionshow
                    Participant
                    1257 posts Send Private Message

My vet was telling me/ reminding me that bunnies are prone to mammary tumors, this is true w/ male & females!  Thought I’d share that bit.  I have a spayed girl and unneutered boy.  I’m hoping to get Leo fixed in the new year.

• xxtinkxx
                      Participant

hiya everyone,

well…

the bunnys colours are looking like

2 are brown castor

1 very light grey

1 dark grey

1 diluted caster ? blueey blacky (wierd)

there all solid colours exept for the white underneath.

their eyes have opend and guessing they can hear as when i talk to the bunnys their ears move to the sound they can hear!!  …………… there wondering around the hutch every now and then eating there mothers poopy which i was told was okay???

oh and poppy, roger, mr t are all booked in for their op’s in 2weeks which im so terrified they will hate me for!!!

could anyone tell me what toexpect?

thanx

jenni x

• xxtinkxx
                        Participant

i hope this works my first official picture of the babys x

1105394488771.jpg

• BinkyBunny
                          8776 posts Send Private Message

CUTE ALERT!!!  So adorable.

Regarding your questions about what to expect  for the surgery – I just answered many questions from a member who is also nervous about the very same thing:

Here’s the link – it should help you too! https://binkybunny.com/Default.aspx?tabid=54&view=topic&postid=13556&forumid=6&tpage=2#13954

• Scarlet_Rose
                            Participant
                            4293 posts Send Private Message

Oh my gosh! Too darn cute! That is such a sweet cat you have!

• xxtinkxx
                              Participant

hi well just thought i would let you know that all the babys have been chosen to go to homes when they are old enough and i’m alowed to keep 1 YEY!!! they are all going to family because i couldn’t give them to people that just come in of the street i wouldn’t sleep at night and this way i can see there progress whoooo!!
                                my partner thinks im mad because i didn’t plan to sell them he says "your giving pedigree rabbits away i just cant believe you" LOL !!!

the babys are all nibbling on mummys food and foung the water bottle its so cute lol!

i’m poping up a pic of mum and daddy rex with best friend roger (english spot)

11012391955371.jpg

• Spacehopper
                                Participant
                                540 posts Send Private Message

you are very lucky!!!! They’re all fabulous!

• Scarlet_Rose
                                  Participant

Oh my they are so loveable and huggable!

• hockeygurly17
                                    Participant
                                    17 posts Send Private Message

Dilute castor is actually called opal which is what the grayish one appears to be. The two that are the same color appear to be orange or red and the darkest does look like a castor. What colors are they out of?

• xxtinkxx
                                      Participant

the brown and grey rabbit any advise would be greatly appreciated about colours!! thanx

• Kokaneeandkahlua
                                        Participant
                                        12067 posts Send Private Message

Ohhh beauties! I am so *jealous* of you!! Please keep posting pics of your babies! Your home is just over-flowing with cuteness bless

Glad you’ve found homes for the babies already! Your bunny Roger *looks* like a Roger! hehe

• Beka27
                                          Participant
                                          16016 posts Send Private Message

they are all such handsome rabbits.  do you know which baby you’re going to keep yet?

• hockeygurly17
                                            Participant
                                            17 posts Send Private Message

Yea I feel confident that the grey is opal, the brown is castor, the other two are either red or orange….where’s the fifth one? what does it look like?

• xxtinkxx
                                              Participant

it wont let me put my new pics up there over 300kb is there anythink i can do to get them up?

• Kokaneeandkahlua
                                                Participant
                                                12067 posts Send Private Message

Yup yup…If you put your photos onto a site like http://www.photobucket.com then you can resize them right in there (it’s all free and everything, just set up an account) then you can add photos like that…That should work!

• Scarlet_Rose
                                                  Participant

Here is a thread on re-sizing your pictures from the Technical Section of Binky Bunny.  I hope this helps!

https://binkybunny.com/Default.aspx?tabid=54&forumid=5&postid=12129&view=topic

Viewing 22 reply threads
                                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR sharing my 5 babys progress with you all