Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A shadow again

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    • jpgood
      Participant
      84 posts Send Private Message

I feel like we are new parents.   This is agoing to alarm some people right away  and let me just clear things up Shadow has an appointment with the vet on Saturday.    She isn’t drinking as much water as we would like to see.  Her poops aren’t mushy, she is eating and hoping around the otehr day she was a little quiet but just tonight she did a few binkies  and burrowed and ran around like any good shadow should.   She drinks alittle but she doesn’t ever finish the bottle in a day.  I am worried  but the vet said “just bring her in “  everything we look at says she should be drinking but she doesn’t have any bad symptoms.  

• Hannah
        Participant
        274 posts Send Private Message

Not to discourage you from taking Shadow to the vet, because that’s really what you should always do when you’re worried, but I don’t think most bunnies drink an entire bottle of water in a day. Humphrey drinks a *lot* (like, will just sit there for a minute+ drinking sometimes) and even he doesn’t finish a bottle in a day. Monty is much smaller than Humphrey and he drinks even less that that– so I would say don’t worry too much as long as everything else seems normal, just don’t cancel your appointment. It’s better to know for sure, but in the meantime don’t be too freaked out.

• Scarlet_Rose
          Participant
          4293 posts Send Private Message

On average a rabbit drinks 4 oz. of water a day. Have you placed a piece of tape on the bottle to see how much is gone? How much does Shadow weigh? Is she eating fresh veggies, because she can get some water this way and you can also soak them in some water or pedialyte. I am hoping she won’t get dehydrated. I too am glad that she is going to the vet, let us know how it goes. Oh, also, what veggies is she being fed?

• BinkyBunny
            8776 posts Send Private Message

my goodness, I would be worried if she actually was drinking a whole bottle of water a day. How many pounds is she?

• kimberleyanddarren
              Participant
              2520 posts Send Private Message

depends on how big she is i guess to how much she should drink.. but your vet should sort it out for u keep us updated

• MooBunnay
                Participant
                3087 posts Send Private Message

You can also consider switching from a bottle to a crock, or a bowl that screws onto the side of the cage, which will help your bunny drink more water. It is more natural for them to drink out of a bowl, and its also very cute to see them get their whiskers and little lips all wet You could try a combination of both a bowl and a bottle for a little while so that Shadow can get used to both options. My bunnies don’t ever go through a bottle in a whole day – how big of a bottle is it?

• jpgood
                  Participant
                  84 posts Send Private Message

she is doing better. we only fill it half way and marked the bottle. Once in awhile i’ll catch her drinking and at night I can hear her. so she is drinking. thank you.

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A shadow again