Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.ย  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.ย  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best.ย 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time.ย 

BUNNY 911 –ย If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?ย  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules.ย 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! ย Don’t have a vet? Check outย VET RESOURCESย 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited.ย The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.ย  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE September Chat

Viewing 51 reply threads
  • Author
    • DanaNM
      8935 posts Send Private Message

Where has the summer gone???

๐Ÿ˜ฏ

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• HipHopBunny
        Participant
        640 posts Send Private Message

I am refusing to believe it is not summer! ๐Ÿ˜†

• DanaNM

I mean the weather certainly still feels like summer!

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• HipHopBunny
            Participant

Today it was 105 degrees Fahrenheit! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ This is not September! ๐Ÿ˜† Perfect weather for swimming, what am I complaining about? ๐Ÿ˜‰

• LBJ10
              16908 posts Send Private Message

It was in the 90s yesterday… tomorrow it will be maybe 50. Yeah, not happy right now. I’m just not ready to bust out the fall clothing. And winter? Forget about it. I was so over winter several winters ago. LOL

• HipHopBunny
                Participant

LBJ: Oh, c’mon, you don’t want to get all decked out for the holidays? ๐Ÿ˜› That’s quite the temperature drop, although I would give anything for a day that was in the ’50s. *Sigh* Come Winter and I’ll probably have changed my mind, haha. ๐Ÿ˜‰

• LBJ10

@HipHopBunny – Not really. The holidays are stressful. Winter is depressing. I hate the cold and the darkness. I think I need to move to Hawaii.

• HipHopBunny
                    Participant

Yes, I hear you on that, winter is long and hard. While right now I long for rain, in the winter I long for the heat. *Sigh* We both need to move to Hawaii. ๐Ÿ˜† The sun is constant, and the mood is always lifted. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Louiethebunny
                      Participant
                      603 posts Send Private Message

Where has the time gone! Lola one month anniversary in our home was just yesterday. Louieโ€™s 5th month is coming up soon too.

• Muchelle
                        Participant
                        1141 posts Send Private Message

Here we’re constantly over 30ยฐC, humidity is blasted to the max and even the wind is warm… so yeah ๐Ÿ˜€ hello September, wasn’t missing ya!

• Hazel
                          Participant
                          2587 posts Send Private Message

Work was so bad today. Everything hurts.

• HipHopBunny
                            Participant

I’m sorry. ๐Ÿ˜ฅ (to both Muchelle and Hazel ๐Ÿ˜‰ ) What’s your job? Hopefully, it’s not outside in this humid air. Off-topic, how’s Bubble’s doing? I’ve been thinking about the little guy. ๐Ÿ™‚

• LBJ10

I’m just glad it warmed back up to normal!

• HipHopBunny
                                Participant

Oh, that’s good! ๐Ÿ™‚ Here’s it’s been perfect September weather! Well, a little hotter than I would like it, but still nice. ๐Ÿ™‚

• LBJ10

We had that cold snap and I was like “no thank you”. So yes, I’m glad it warmed back up. It was just way to soon for it to be so cold.

• Muchelle
                                    Participant

@HipHopBunny I’m a psychotherapist, so I’m working mainly from home these days… but my car’s in repairs so I gotta walk around to do groceries and stuff ahaha

• HipHopBunny
                                      Participant

Muchelle: Thank you for helping all of those people. ๐Ÿ™‚ Oh no! Is it a long walk from the store? Haha, you could send the “rabbits”, I’m sure they’d pick you out some nice carrots! ๐Ÿ˜†

• Hazel
                                        Participant

I wish it was outside! ๐Ÿ˜†ย  I work at a laundry/dry cleaner, pressing clothes. Here in GA it’s always hot and humid anyway, the building has no a/c so it gets to be close to 100 degrees in there. Plus with all the steam the humidity goes through the roof. It actually feels better outside than in there on some days. I shouldn’t complain though, it’s better than no job. So yay… ๐Ÿ˜‰

Bubbles is doing well, thanks for asking. ๐Ÿ™‚ย  Today he’s actually pretty active, trying to tear the baby gate down ๐Ÿ™„ย  So yeah, looks like he’s feeling fine!

• HipHopBunny
                                          Participant

Ouch! ๐Ÿ™ I take back my complaints on it being hot here! ๐Ÿ˜† I prefer the cold to the heat, 80 degrees is too warm for me! ๐Ÿ˜† Hopefully, you have something to keep you cool in there! LOL! Glad Bubbles is doing better, even if so in a destructive way! ๐Ÿ˜›

• Muchelle
                                            Participant

@HipHopBunny, heh Italy’s been a wild ride this year but we’re pretty hard to destroy >D Store is too far, the “buns” would make my milk go bad ahahah I do wanna get a leash and ‘walk’ them to the park one day looool

• Hazel
                                              Participant

Well they did give me my very own fan.ย  ๐Ÿ˜†

• HipHopBunny
                                                Participant

Muchelle: Really? ๐Ÿ˜ฎ In that picture of them, they looked like they could run a mile and not break a sweat! ๐Ÿ˜› Yes, you could walk them on a leash to the store to teach them the directions! ๐Ÿ˜‰ (I love that idea…sadly my turtle is a bit too small to be walked on a leash, haha. )

Hazel: ๐Ÿ˜† Hopefully, the fan is helping! What I use is a…gosh, I can’t even remember the name anymore. ๐Ÿ˜† Well, I have somethingย that has a little squirt bottle and a fan, so you can squirt yourself, then turn on the fan. ๐Ÿ™‚ Wishing you a nice breeze! ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Hazel
                                                  Participant

I do have a spray hose for wetting the clothes, so I can mist myself if absolutely necessary. Not very dignified, but what can you do… ๐Ÿ™„ย  My coworker has this nifty little fan that you hang around your neck, I might have to get one of those. ๐Ÿ˜†

Hold up HipHop, you’re not saying you actually have a turtle, right?!

• HipHopBunny
                                                    Participant

Hazel: Guilty. ๐Ÿ˜† Yes, I have a red-eared slider named Miguel, who has no trouble bonding with his fish companions. *Sigh* If only my ladies would do the same. ๐Ÿ™„ I originally put the fish in there for him to eat,ย but he let them grow out of eating size. ๐Ÿ˜† He’s a fun little guy. ๐Ÿ™‚

*ahem* you need a turtle *ahem* ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Muchelle
                                                      Participant

@Hazel I used to hose myself down when I worked as a paramedic and sometimes it happened that I got assigned to cleaning duties (out in the sun… so many cars…) a girl’s gotta do what a girl’s gotta do!

• Bam
                                                        16877 posts Send Private Message

I remember there was an Italian lady who got a hefty fine for walking her turtle in a park during covid lockdown. Hopefully turtle-walking restrictions have been lifted now!

We’ve just had 2 days of the loveliest summer weather, we went swimming in the sea and kayaking on water so smooth it was like molten metal to look at. But today autumn returned with hard winds and a massive temperature drop, so I guess summer of 2020 is over for real now.

• Hazel
                                                          Participant

You have a turtle and you didn’t mention it… or post pictures… I can’t even… ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

Muchelle: So true! ๐Ÿ˜†

• HipHopBunny
                                                            Participant

Well….you see here…this is a rabbit website, so… ๐Ÿ˜† I didn’t know you liked turtles! I’ll get pictures of Miguely for you. ๐Ÿ™‚ (If I can…) ๐Ÿ˜†

• Hazel
                                                              Participant

That may be so, however, let me quote the Lounge description:

“A place to share pictures, chat & just have fun. (can be non-bunny related)” ๐Ÿ˜›

Lets see some turtle pics! And his fish friends!ย  ๐Ÿ˜€

• HipHopBunny
                                                                Participant

๐Ÿ˜† Okay, *sigh* I’m posting pictures of him on the September pics. ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Muchelle
                                                                  Participant

@Bam I could knit them a dog-suit in case of more lockdowns xDDDDD

oh yeahhhh picssss! I’m gonna go see my torts on Friday and will snap some as well ๐Ÿ˜€

• Hazel
                                                                    Participant

Yay! ๐Ÿ˜€

• HipHopBunny
                                                                      Participant

DanaNM: Did Sven get adopted? I’ve been thinking about that little guy (and flipping frantically through all of those adorable pictures of him. LOL) Or Charlotte? I mean, there’s always room for more buns…not too late to add a few more cuties to your trio! ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜›

• DanaNM
                                                                        Moderator

Sven did in fact get adopted! I knew he would LOL. Good thing too… it was too tempting. I also really like Petey, and looks like they are going to bond him with this little lady who’s sister died, so that also removes that temptation.

I have no interest in Charlotte LOL. I love her but she got spayed a few weeks ago and has been CRAY CRAY lately. And right before the spay she was def starting to get moody. Def don’t need another female in the mix, and especially not her! I do have a soft spot for several of the REW ladies (Ginny, Sugar, April, Sally….). They are all so wonderful in different ways, I am working hard to help get them adopted.

Plus… some folks know this, but I’ll be moving to Norway in Jan for a 9 month fellowship (pending travel doesn’t shut down again), and my husband got a job in Massachusetts starting in April! So I don’t necessarily want to leave him with even more bunnies to take care of and move across country with while I’m in Norway! Thankfully we have friends at the rescue who will look after the buns while he actually moves and gets settled, and then maybe I will fly back to help actual move the buns. So many logistics to think about!

• HipHopBunny
                                                                          Participant

Oh, yes that would take away the bulk of the bunny wanting. ๐Ÿ˜† (There’s still that little percentage though… ๐Ÿ˜› ) Hopefully, you have a good time there, fingers crossed that travel does not shut down! ๐Ÿ™‚ (Of course, you’ll have to share your experiences there with us! ๐Ÿ˜‰ )

Wishing you easy traveling! ๐Ÿ™‚

• Hazel
                                                                            Participant

Nooo, Sven… ๐Ÿ˜ฅย  I’m glad he has a new home of course, I knew he wasn’t going to be at the shelter long. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Norway, how fun! You’ll have to tell us all about it! ๐Ÿ™‚

I just opened my new hay bale from Tractor Supply, it’s moldy. Now I’ll have to go and return it. ๐Ÿ™ย  Hopefully it’s just a fluke, I’ve never gotten a moldy bale from them before. Poor Oscar, he was all excited about it.

• DanaNM
                                                                              Moderator

Hahah I knew you would be disappointed @Hazel ! I have my hands full with my current three! Really hoping to get the trio bonded soon but I keep having second thoughts. It is hard to stay motivated when you have a current happy pair already, plus Bun Jovi’s age. One of the leads from the rescue offered to work with them at her house so I may take her up on that (she pet sits for me sometimes looooves Bun Jovi, he always comes home from staying with her covered in lipstick from her kissing him LOL). She has done a bunch of trio bonds before and just has more space at her place. Plus she says it’s much easier when it’s not your kids!

I’m excited about Norway… but in all honesty I’m worried Bun Jovi will die while I’m gone just due to his age and the timing of it all. He seems in perfect health but it’s a long time to be gone when he’s almost 12…and then there is the move across country…ย  Trying to stay positive though! He does seem like one of those buns that could live to be 15!

Arg such a bummer about the hay, a whole bale too!

• Bam
                                                                                Moderator

@Hiphopbunny, pics of other pets than buns are definitely encouraged in the lounge! Cats, dogs, ferrets, piggies, hamsters, rats, horses, torts, lizards, birds, wallabies, fish- I think we even got pics of a very big pet snail once ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

• HipHopBunny
                                                                                  Participant

@Bam ๐Ÿ˜† Yes, but I have a….lets put it as, an obsession with lots of animals, sooooo, I think you all would get a little tired of me posting that many pictures… ๐Ÿ˜†

• MoxieMeadows
                                                                                    Participant
                                                                                    5375 posts Send Private Message

Most of you probably don’t know/remember me, but I am back and going to try to be more active! So hi!

• HipHopBunny
                                                                                      Participant

You’re on!!! ๐Ÿ˜€ I’ve been rereading old threads and saw you on them – Welcome back!!! ๐Ÿ˜€

• LBJ10
                                                                                        Moderator

Hi Moxie! ๐Ÿ˜€ย  How is everyone? I just suggested Pigeon for a bunny name (in honor of you).

• Hazel
                                                                                          Participant

Moxiiieeeee!!! ๐Ÿ˜€ย  Welcome back!

Dana: Try not to worry too much about Bun Jovi (easier said than done), I’m sure he will be just fine. ๐Ÿ™‚ย  That’s nice of the rescue lady to offer, definitely worth considering! I returned the bale, they were nice about it. I won’t buy another one from them until they get a new batch in though. I got some hay from Walmart for now, Oscar is cool with it. ๐Ÿ˜†

HipHop: Pleeeeaaase?

• DanaNM
                                                                                            Moderator

@Hazel I’m trying not to worry! I actually just dropped my three off with her till Monday for her to work bonding them. I don’t expect them to be fully bonded or anything, but am just hoping she can make some progress and then I can finish them up. If they aren’t showing any forward progress after that, I will probably wait until we move to keep trying. So fingers crossed we see some improvements!

• Hazel
                                                                                              Participant

Awesome, fingers crossed she can make some headway! ๐Ÿ™‚

• Bam
                                                                                                Moderator

Hi Moxie! Welcome back!! Great to see you here again!

• MoxieMeadows
                                                                                                  Participant

@LBJ10 We are doing good! Snickers has had quite a few health issues recently as she is starting to get a little older (my baby is 9!), but the buns (Loki and Finnegan) are doing well. Currently packing as my bf and I are in the process of buying a house. I’m sure you’ll be seeing a thread on how to move the buns while causing the least stress since it will be a 3 hour car ride for them if we dont stop. How is everything over in your neck of the woods??

• LBJ10
                                                                                                    Moderator

@MoxieMeadows – Things could be worse I suppose. LOLย  Wait… you’re buying a house? What in the what?

• HipHopBunny
                                                                                                      Participant

LBJ: That’s who Pigeon was! ๐Ÿ˜† I thought I didn’t see that name on the list! ๐Ÿ˜‰ (

• LBJ10
                                                                                                        Moderator

I thought it was obvious? LOL

• MoxieMeadows
                                                                                                          Participant

@LBJ10, I know! I’m growing up! I joined the forum at like the youngest age you are allowed, and here I am, adulting, buying a house, so many years later.๐Ÿ˜‚ It’s crazy how fast time is flying. Also maybe I need a little girl bun to name pigeon. The buns are getting their own room anyway (they aren’t bonded and never will be, Finn is a little spaz lmao. He really has the lionhead attitude).

Snickers recently knocked over the kitchen garbage while I wasnt home and ate something moldy which put her in intensive care for over 2 days and drained my savings. My mother rushed her to the emergency vet and I met them there. But because of covid they wouldn’t let me see her which was upsetting. But shes all better from that now! She also needs her back molars removed (she is getting sent to an oral surgeon specialist), and she has a tumor that she is being sent to a specialist for as well when they have an opening. Stressful stuff!

• LBJ10
                                                                                                            Moderator

Time does fly, it seems. I often wonder what the heck happened. Like where did September go? I’m going to have to start a different chat thread.

Aww, poor Snickers. Hopefully she’s better now.

Viewing 51 reply threads
                                                                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE September Chat