Forum

OUR SITE IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS. YOU WON’T BE ABLE TO LOGIN YET.   WE WILL ANNOUNCE WHEN READY. THE SITE MAY BE SLOW, SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT.  YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Home Forums THE LOUNGE September Chat

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Q8bunny
    Participant

Chewie’s soft tummy, Podge’s darling floofs, Olaf minus nose/ears/socks

Hazel
    Participant

Oscar, Podge, Chewie, Apollo, Olaf and of course, Sterling, Pippi and Bindi!

Az: I was trying to go by whisker spots too, and then decided that the left hand kitten’s feet were too dark. I think I was right!  That last picture is so cute! He’s a ham. 

Tony’s Mum: (replying to August thread) Thanks! We hit a bit of a snag, we tried Zevia soda (which is supposed to have no effect on your blood sugar) as well as some low carb shakes. Nearly got kicked out of ketosis and weight loss stalled. Not sure if it was the soda or the shakes or both, but after cutting them out for the last few days we’re back on track, the hubby is down another whopping 4 lbs, and I lost almost one. How is Slimming World working for you? I don’t know anything about it, I hope it gives you results! 

Rain
    Participant

Rains tummy, Sterling, Olaf, and Bindi

LBJ10

Leopold’s tummy, Leopold’s tummy, Leopold’s tummy!
    Wooly’s blaze, Wooly’s blaze, Wooly’s blaze!

OMG it’s September! Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

joea64
    Participant

Fernando, (parts of) Panda, Podge and Chewie, Olaf, Apollo, Sterling and Bindi!

Wet weekend here in metro Washington DC. Thunderstorm here this morning, which didn’t seem to faze the two any (they were of course safe and dry inside so could flip their ears dismissively at it), and it’s raining again now. Just cleaned the buns’ condo cage as I do every Saturday afternoon; they’re taking their usual late-afternoon nap in the litterbox now.

Q8bunny
    Participant

Of course. Because why wrinkle those nice fleece blankets MEANT for napping?

Sofia
    Participant

Chewie, Lily and Olaf
    Just hearing the word September makes me shudder

Tony's Mum
    Participant

HAXELazel; slimming world is very easy to follow but I’ve been pretty bad about it regardless, although I have lost a few pounds in.the last two weeks. Joke’s on me though, I went for a date night with himself and got food poisoning. That’s what I get for cheating on my diet! Although I reckon I was so sick I might have lost another few pounds…

I love September! Back to my comfy jeans and boots and jumpers. I miss them when it’s warm (and holy mackerel it has been WARM).I know it means back to school but I kinda like school…

Muj Mom N Bun
    Participant

I’m late to the party…. I keep forgetting it’s september so badly, I went on August’s chat thread!??‍♀️ Somebunny order me some coffee with a side of a calendar please!

Muj Mom N Bun
    Participant

Back to school… my son was checking the mailbox 3x a day for 2 weeks for his schedule so he could see how his classes were lined up for the semester… he is such a fellow nerd/geek! Sniffle…sniffle…sob…sob…I’ve done well! ? Momma’s young man!

Azerane

White rabbit, white rabbit, white rabbit! I’m feeling lazy

Happy Spring!! I’m so excited.

@Hazel, I got another group pic but haven’t yet taken the time to work out which one he is.

@Hazel and Tony’s Mum: You guys should get the health and fitness thread back up and running. I’ve just started properly keeping track of my diet to try and lose weight. I’ve put on a bit over the past 6 months and am really unhappy about it so doing something about it. Monitoring my intake and such. It’s hard to not just eat what I want, when I want. I’m so used to doing that for so long.

Tony's Mum
    Participant

That’s a good idea! And I know how you feel Az. I was always on my feet for work so I hadn’t to watcg my diet much, but now I have a desk job ?

@Muj Mom: no satisfaction like a job well done ^_^ I always like it a lot when people are orderly with their agendas and punctual

Yay, after nearly 2 weeks of cooking on a small electric plate I can finally use my stove again! We often had a weird smell in the kitchen, but it was very faint. After sniffing around like 2 crazy bunnies we found out that it came from the back of the stove. I thought the problem was in the gas hose and bought a new one. While I was looking up instructions to change it safely, I came across a product warning from the manufacturer. Turns out that they found a safety problem with certain types of stoves sold between 2006 and 2011. Many of our friends bought the same type around that time, because we were roughly the same age when we went to uni.

The manufacturer has a free repair service, so a repairman was here today. While he was exchanging the faulty part it broke off and shattered 0_o

Hazel
    Participant

Posted By Tony’s Mum on 9/02/2018 2:07 PM

Although I reckon I was so sick I might have lost another few pounds… 

Well, whatever works!  Seriously though, I’m sorry you got sick, food poisoning is the worst.  Having a desk job at least gives you an excuse for a few extra pounds, I’m on my feet all day at work and I’m still fat… 

Az: You gotta post the other group picture! I’m on a roll  I tried to get the fitness thread going back when we started our diet, it didn’t quite take off though.  Maybe you, me and Tony’s Mum can bring it back to life! 

Ellie: Dang, I’m glad you got it taken care of before things got worse. I can’t believe it just broke off… 

Tony's Mum
    Participant

The worst part was being in the gorgeous, expensive, romantic hotel room toilet at 5am being sick while my boyfriend heard EVERYTHING. it was NOT what I had planned. Luckily we’ve known each other a few years now so we’re comfortable enough to be able to laugh about it, but I am SO embarrassed.

Ellie; good thing you noticed the recall/warranty!

Q8bunny
    Participant

Ellie, that IS a good outcome. I used to have a gas stove in Kuwait, and as much as I prefer to cook on a gas range, I do remember the red flags that pop up at the slightest whiff of the stuff.

joea64
    Participant

I have a gas stove/range too. After four-and-a-half-plus years, I see why professional chefs generally prefer gas, but I’m always still a little nervous about having an open flame going. And I can’t really use the oven during heat waves, because with the building’s A/C already stressed it sends the temperartures in my unit up and I have to be real, real careful to monitor the buns to keep them from overheating.

Many people in NL cook on gas because we discovered a major natural gas field in our country. We have a large network of gas pipes and most of us don’t have to deal with gas cylinders unless you live in the middle of nowhere. We use gas for cooking, heating and hot water. Most stoves have gas for cooking combined with an electric oven. I prefer gas for cooking because you don’t have to use heavy pans (like with induction cooking), and you can easily control temperatures. I like Asian cooking and it’s difficult to use a wok on an electric plate.

Many new homes are built with electric stoves only because the drilling for gas is causing major problems. There are many earthquakes in the north nowadays, so the government decided that we should switch to other sources. I really wonder what our infrastructure is going to look like in 30 years, because this new style of building puts more demands on the electric infrastructure. You’ll get massive spikes when everyone comes home to cook dinner etc.

Q8bunny
    Participant

Earthquakes?! Sounds like a chilling sci-fi movie… I often wondered this summer at how much we’ve managed to alter our world, because we had tropical weather for most of it where I live: heat worthy of Kuwait, monsoon rain for days on end, and almost consistently very high humidity (between 60-95% most days). And this is Canada! Where I remember getting through summer in denim overalls and a light sweater.

joea64
    Participant

Washington, DC, has always had hot, humid summers, so I can’t say I’ve noticed any real difference in recent years.  British diplomats used to classify it as a tropical/hardship posting because of its nasty summer climate, you know. We’ve been going through another heatwave this week (near-daily thunderstorms haven’t done much to relieve it for once), but it’s supposed to get WAY cooler this weekend, though I’ll believe that when I see it.

Muj Mom N Bun
    Participant

As dangerous as gas is, I am an avid cook, baker and major foodie… and I will never move anywhere that has a kitchen that has an electric range! Hate it! I rather cook on an open fire, and have opted to do so, we are talking wood, before using electric plates/ranges/burners/ovens! I’m sure induction plates have made some improvements to electric coil stovetop burners but I’ve never seen a convection oven turn out a decent product yet! I have gone and catered people parties in their homes with these expensive ovens that I could only afford to use in a lifetime under that one type of situation and the outcome made me want to go home to my little poor mans gas range with it’s hot spots and all??? and hug and kiss it! With that said, I certainly would love an upgrade to my old gas range!!!! (Secret msg to landlord implanted here)

I hear you all about the diet and exercise… I’m on that train myself… looking forward to sharing the ride…

Thanks for being a wonderful bunny family!!!

Asriel and Bombur
    Participant

Major foodie and cook here too! Not so much a baker… there’s way too much precision involved. I used to be a gas snob and loved cooking on gas because obviously the electric coils heat everything so unevenly. But I stayed with a friend a few years ago that had a very modern electric range that was basically just a flat top. That was so nice to cook on. I’ve never made better tasting food.

Posted By Q8bunny on 9/05/2018 7:49 AM

Earthquakes?! Sounds like a chilling sci-fi movie… I often wondered this summer at how much we’ve managed to alter our world, because we had tropical weather for most of it where I live: heat worthy of Kuwait, monsoon rain for days on end, and almost consistently very high humidity (between 60-95% most days). And this is Canada! Where I remember getting through summer in denim overalls and a light sweater.

They’re not extremely heavy, most are between 2 and 3 on the Richter scale. It’s clearly related to the gas field, because the earthquakes are moving southwards along with the new drill sites. Even though the quakes are relatively small, they cause a lot of damage to many houses in the Groningen area. There are many reports of large cracks in stone walls, and the property value plummets. 

Houses are very expensive in NL because they’re used as an addition to your pension. Savings are heavily taxed here, so people will put their money into their house or other real estate. Many elderly people sell their house and use the profit to live comfortably in a smaller age-appropriate apartment. Changes in property value will leave people who worked for it all their lives with only a small pension.

Q8bunny
    Participant

I’ve never heard of savings being taxed… it’s sad that all these elderly folk are paying the price of the gas peeps’ profits.

There’s a tax on savings over €30000, and it’s based on a hypothetical yield of 4%. Yeah, nobody gets that kind of yield anymore in today’s market, and €30000 is not exactly a proper pension. There are plans to lower those taxes because hardly anybody puts their money in savings, we don’t have a lot of money directly available when stuff hits the fan.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.