Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE September chat

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
    • BunnyLass568
      Participant
      446 posts Send Private Message

Happy September 1st everyone! It’s hot in NY right now and it’s only going to get hotter, according to the news. Anyway! I got something exciting to share! I was sitting on the floor with Thumper and Blossom last night and Thumper went in to a bunny loaf and fell asleep! And today, when I was giving Blossom her water she partly climbed on me, she went as high as the upper part of my stomach. I’m just, so proud of her! And she even let me kiss her last night! Sorry for rambling, I’m just happy. Anything going on with y’all?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Pets-Passed away: Hailey (9 years old, half rat terrier and miniature pincher, Feb-5-2019),Monster (13 years old, mixed breed, Lhasa Apso and some form of terrier, Sep-14-2020), Demon (14 year old Lhasa Apso, Aug-3-2022) Blossom (6 year old bunny breed(s) unknown, April-7-2024) Thumper (6 year old bunny breed(s) unknown, April-12-2024)💔💔💔💔

• Bam
        16879 posts Send Private Message

White rabbit, white rabbit, white rabbit! (A thing to say for luck the first of every month!)

We had lovely weather here today, after 24 hours of pouring rain. The buns are molting like there’s no tomorrow! Here’s a picture of the normally v beautiful Snöa:

I had a mold incident with the hay I recently bought from a local farmer, so I had to go get pet store hay for the buns. I give them hay in their boxes, but for some rabbit reason, they eat more if I also give them access to the hay source.

• DanaNM
          8935 posts Send Private Message

@BunnyLass568 that’s so lovely! Bonnie recently has been letting me pet her a lot more regularly and actually enjoying it!

I’ve given up on trying to bond a trio and Bonnie and Cooper seem very happy to be just the two of them again. In a couple weeks I’m going to take Myra on some speed dating to find her a companion.

The end of summer is sad but the weather here has been wonderful, so I can’t complain about that. 🙂

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• LBJ10
            16908 posts Send Private Message

We’ve been having some spicy hay (power cord) issues here lately, if you know what I mean. Other than that, things have been pretty great. The weather has been hot though. We were out of town for a week and apparently it was REALLY hot while we were gone. But even for Labor Day weekend, it’s in the upper 90s.

• BunnyLass568
              Participant

I forgot about “white rabbit, white rabbit, white rabbit”! It’s been 9o°f+ here too, my room alone got as high as 82°f and that’s with the ac and fan, but now it’s cooling off some. I’m glad Bonnie is letting you pet her more @DanaNM ! Sorry I didn’t reply to you all separately, I just felt it better to reply like this. I was also gonna vent about something but decided against it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Pets-Passed away: Hailey (9 years old, half rat terrier and miniature pincher, Feb-5-2019),Monster (13 years old, mixed breed, Lhasa Apso and some form of terrier, Sep-14-2020), Demon (14 year old Lhasa Apso, Aug-3-2022) Blossom (6 year old bunny breed(s) unknown, April-7-2024) Thumper (6 year old bunny breed(s) unknown, April-12-2024)💔💔💔💔

• DanaNM

We definitely had a false fall and then it got hot again! Had to turn the AC’s back on today, but it’s supposed to cool off again next week. Keeping an eye on hurricane that could hit New England though… but it’s still far out so hopefully it doesn’t hit us.

Thanks BunnyLass! I’ve been very happy about it.

On Sunday we are going to take Myra meet a bun from the rescue to see if they hit it off. He’s in foster care and his foster mom reports she thinks he would be happy with another bun, so wish us luck! Coincidentally he is also a white rabbit!

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• BunnyLass568
                    Participant

Yeah, I’m keeping an eye on hurricane Lee too, I’m hoping that it doesn’t hit anyone and yay! I hope they like each other, best of luck!

• HareIvoryWhiskers
                    Participant
                    40 posts Send Private Message

My September is going awful rn. On the first I saw a friend of my step-mom and dad post pictures on FB. She found a young wild baby bunny and took a lot of pictures of herself holding them. Then pictures of the baby bunny with her autistic daughter whom is 4-5 years old and not good with animals. Of course they weren’t being handled properly. You could tell that the baby bunny was stressed out. Then she posted pictures of herself putting the baby bunny outside. I unfollowed her since she is someone who won’t listen and will just get angry if you tell her what she did wrong. Well she called my dad and told him I unfollowed her and he was furious. He told me that I didn’t deserve a FB and made me delete it. Now Bramble is drinking more water than usual. I know it’s been hot but he has never drank like this before. Took him to the vet with my birth mom. They said that they couldn’t find anything wrong and that if they were to give him medicine it’d just be a precaution. He is eating a bit less than normal and lazing about more. Otherwise he’s fine. Yeah. Been a rough month so far.

• Bam

I’m sorry, HazelIvoryWhiskers.

If its hot out, Bramble could be drinking more bc of the heat. Hot weather tends to mske buns a lot less active. Signs of sth bad going on would be if you see him strain to pee, dribble pee all over the place, or, if he unexpectedly pees a lake in places where he doesn’t normally go. I’m glad you took him to the vet 💚

Unfortunately many people don’t understand animals very well. Hopefully the baby bun’s mum will find the kit, the kits are as a rule not deserted. Cottontail rabbits don’t make tunnel-system warrens like our buns’ wild ancestors. So the mum might find the kit if the family places it near where it was found. Contrary to popular belief, wild animals don’t abandon a baby bc it has the smell of  humans on it.

I understand that it made you upset though. I think there’s an FB setting where you can “partially mute” most things a certain person posts, without unfollowing them, and FB won’t tell the person that you’ve partially muted them. I know I’ve used that function in the past. Sometimes people we fundamentally like do things that we don’t like and post about it on social media, and it can be stressful to have to see it.

• DanaNM

I’m sorry @HareIvoryWhiskers  🙁 That sounds like a lot of unnecessary drama and it can be very frustrating to see animals being mistreated online.

In happier news that some of you may have seen on Insta, Myra had a wonderful date with a very sweet bun so we adopted him! His shelter name was Creampuff, his foster had been calling him Puff. We’re not sure about the name yet but have been trying out “Tofu”, or possible Choux (as in the French pastry used to make Choux Buns  or Profiteroles- Cream puffs!).

He’s settling in well and I will probably start doing side-swaps next week. 🙂

• Bam

Dana, I saw him on insta 🥰 Choux is a great bunny name, both pastry and cabbage!

We got a week of summer that lasted until the 10th. Buns enjoyed rain free afternoons in the run in my mum’s garden:

• LBJ10
                            16908 posts Send Private Message

Aww! That’s wonderful Dana! 🙂

• DanaNM

Thank you! We’ve finally settled on Choux as his name! He is a very silly and sweet boy. 😀 <3

@Bam
                                I love that run you have! Is it something you put together yourself? I’ve been scheming about building a bunny run and/or catio, although I’m not sure if our new kitties have as much interest going outside as Toby did.

• Bam

@Dana, the run is ready-made. They are excellent runs, I have 2 adjoining ones at home and 1 at my mum’s. It’s a German brand called Kerbl. They’re not mink proof (obviously) but for daytime use they’re perfect. My dream is getting a set of  connective rabbit tunnels so I could connect the veranda and the runs safely!

• DanaNM

Thanks, it looks like they have a lot of neat run designs! And yeah a tunnel system would be so cool!

Viewing 12 reply threads
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE September chat