Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE Send Willow lots of positive vibes please

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
    • Mimsy
      Participant
      271 posts Send Private Message

She’s at  the vet and going to be spayed today.

I’m exhausted, cause I couldn’t sleep worrying about it.  I kept waking up with bad dreams…stupid stuff like I forgot to feed the animals for days type dreams and would wake up all freaked out.

I’ve had tons of animals spayed and neutered and not to mentioned way bigger surgeries than those, but for some reason I’m a worried wreck over Willow.  I almost canceled the appointment.

She’s a brave girl.  While waiting at the counter I opened her carrier and she came right out to give me nose kisses.  She seems completely relaxed about being there.

I’m giving it till 1 and then I’m calling to make sure she is ok.

• Bam
        16836 posts Send Private Message

((((((((Willow))))))))

Bunnies do tend to make their humans worry a lot more than other pets do.

• Vienna Blue in France
          Participant
          5317 posts Send Private Message

Willow and Harlow, 2 little buns – similar names, similar faces – getting spayed the same day!! What are the chances??
            Must be something to do with ‘low’ in the name…..)

• LittlePuffyTail
            18092 posts Send Private Message

((((Willow))))

Hope she made out okay and is recovering well.

• Mimsy
              Participant

We just got home and I set her up in the xpen without any of things she can hop up onto. She’s really groggy right now. I put a snuggle pad under some fleece in there in case she needs a little warmth.

• Niamian
                Participant
                377 posts Send Private Message

Hope she’ll recover soon. ((((Wilow))))

• Bam

Warmth is good. Just make sure she has space to move away from it in case she wants to. Groggy is perfectly normal for a newly spayed doe. But scary to watch, of course, you do so want to help but there’s really not a lot you can do but give it time.

(((((((Willow)))))))

• Q8bunny
                    Participant
                    6345 posts Send Private Message

Oooh! Speedy recovery, little mountain goat! (((Willow))) [And (((Harlow))) too.]

• Mimsy
                      Participant

Last night was rather scary. She seemed cold and wouldn’t eat. I’m now going on two days of no sleep, so if I mix words up or miss something you know why..Im in a haze.

I ended up tossing a king sized comforter into the dryer and then put that in her pen. Then I had a bunch of small blankets that I kept running through the dryer and exchanging them with each other for the warm one. We kept our house much warmer than we are used to as well. We kept that up till around 2 am when she seemed to keep her own temp steady.

Willow didn’t want her hay, not even alfalfa, no pellets, no leafy greens, not even a hunk of carrot. So then I worried she had nausea. She didn’t seem in pain, so the painkillers I figured were working for that. Sometime early this morning we went out and picked her some blackberry leaves. Figured if wild bunnies eat them for upset tummy, maybe it would help Willow. Well, she is a smart cookie and ate those right up. She doesn’t seem to want much else though, and we weed those out of our yard so we didn’t have much. My husband is out at his work place, since they have an old crop field on that property that has never had anything done to it, at least since my husbands been there..and that was over 10 years ago. Only place we knew wouldn’t have pesticides or be near icky roads. We are the ones who cut the old branches off the pear tree’s there too to use as chew toys and perches for our birds. Needless to say the place is over grown with blackberry bushes, so he’s been picking nice leaves for the last few hours.

She’s gone potty and they look normal. She wants out of the pen, so that is normal. She is happiest if one of us goes and lays down in her pen with her, then she’ll snuggle up and go to sleep with us. She is not very used to being penned and alone. That may be disrupting her hunger as well. She’s used to being with one of the humans or her dog all the time. I’d just bring her to bed with me, if I trusted her to stay. But she’s a climber and jumper so I don’t trust her to not want to go all over the place and hurt herself if I fall asleep..which is probably likely if I lay down.

• Bam

Continued healing-vibes ((((((((Willow)))))))

I hope you’ll soon be able to get some sleep. It was very clever of you to run things in the dryer for her.

• Niamian
                          Participant
                          377 posts Send Private Message

((((Wilow))))
                            Hope she has been much better by now!

• Vienna Blue in France
                            Participant
                            5317 posts Send Private Message

Mimsy – Have you woken up yet from your doze in the pen 2 days ago….? It’s time to wake up now. LOL

Viewing 11 reply threads
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE Send Willow lots of positive vibes please