Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR Seasonal Changes!?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    • MooseMouse
      Participant
      49 posts Send Private Message

Hey all So I have two neutered boys Odin who is 2.5 years old and Chaplin 2 years old that free roam. I have had on and off issues with their bonding since the start where they will go from cuddling and grooming happy days to Chaplin nipping tuffs of fur out of Odin. The fur pulling used to be an occurrence that would happen once every couple weeks. 

Now with the snow falling I have been noticing Chaplin is grumpier than usual he pellet bombs just outside of his litter pan every night now, thumps and grunts at the littlest things and he has been very aggressive toward Odin to a point just today i noticed Odin has a scab and a nick taken from his ear which really worries me. It is even more interesting they are free roamers there isn’t a lot to get territorial about when they have so much space but Chaplin will actually go out of his way to give chase to Odin. (Chaplin is also very food aggressive..) 

Odins behaviour has not changed with the season he is still a calm little docile dwarf.

Chaplins health also passed with flying colors at the vet so he isn’t sick or in pain.. just grouchy bun

I was just wondering if anyone else has been battling issues like this and had any tips (aside from time to throw them in the kennel together and go for a car ride again -_-‘ ) and also if anyone else feels their Bun behaviours change with the seasons?

• Q8bunny
        Participant
        6345 posts Send Private Message

My bun is experiencing his first real winter (he’s a desert baby) and is in a snoozy hibernation mode. Totally irrelevant to your situation, I know, but it will bump your thread. teeheehee

• MooseMouse
          Participant
          49 posts Send Private Message

Haha thanks for the bump i think still relevant maybe your little one just gets snoozy during the winter season! My other guy Odin who isn’t a grumpy snow bun becomes a cuddler in winter he wants all the pets he can get

• Sr. Melangell
            Participant
            1708 posts Send Private Message

Hi its Olly Rabbit, I’ve started to feel the winter, I get lazy every winter and sometimes mad because of the rain, I also get a bit grumpy and don’t want to play, but don’t tell my Mummy, she gives me treats to make me happy again, my Mummy gets winter blues, but its just because its cold and gets fed up, similar thing to us, (Some) Bunnies you know, no sunshine, no play.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR Seasonal Changes!?