Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A screen over litter

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
    • Beeslee
      Participant
      147 posts Send Private Message

This is for binkybunny or anyone else who has a setup like this! 

What kind of screen is it? 

Do you have a pic of your setup? 

My buns has been digging to get to the other side of the world and the litter is all over the place!  Looks like an explosion happened LOL!!!  What a mess to clean up every day  

from binkybunnies post:

“I have a screen over their litter which keeps their poops on top and that is shopvacced once or twice a day – easy to shopvac it right off the screen”

• bunnytowne
        Participant
        7537 posts Send Private Message

well I got the screened litterboxes from petsmart  and I think I have seen them online on fosters & smith too. regular litterbox with little bumps to sit the screen on is what it is. and it can attach to the side of the cage too. that way everything falls into the litterbox and no mess on top whew you have a really busy bunny

• bunnytowne
          Participant

[script removed]All Living Things® Deluxe Scatterless Litter Pan for Rabbits & Ferrets - PetSmartI am searching online for a pic of the litterbox with screen for you hope I can paste it  ahh here it is is called    all Living Things Deluxe Scatterless Litter Pan For Buns and Ferrets  cost from 10-15 .00 

• wendyzski
            Participant
            1312 posts Send Private Message

I got a cookie-cooling-rack at the $1 store and put it in a regular litterboz.  No more diggies.

• Kokaneeandkahlua
              Participant
              12067 posts Send Private Message

A covered cat litter box works well too, and at walmart-Mondo cheap!

• Scarlet_Rose
                Participant
                4293 posts Send Private Message

I also use a cookie cooling rack and you can also use “hardware cloth” which is wire mesh that you can cut to size.

• GrammyB
                  Participant
                  52 posts Send Private Message

Our Benny is a digger too, had the same mess every morning. We just got deep cat litter pans, 2 are 6 in. in front & 7-8 in. in back. Got them at Target for $6.?? The other is 6 1/2 in. all around & big, double size. This way Benny can get his digging urges out w/no mess.
                    My friend has 12 rabbits, 6 hers & 6 foster, & she uses bins that are for busing tables.

For easy cleanup, we scoop out the pee pee corner w/a small dust pan & put in a little more litter. We do this at the shelter too.

• bunnytowne
                    Participant

oh I have found you know those plastic storage stuff with drawers they come in diff sizes I took some of those and used for litterboxes has high sides  there are diff kinds they make oh well I found them someone was throwing them out and I also got some from storeage drawers as well. all these ideas are good ideas cool also I have a bird cage that we dont’ use brand new  I can take it apart and use the wire from that as a screen cover. I haven’t tho. was going to but them they use the high sided drawer I found and works great. so far so good.

• MooBunnay
                      Participant
                      3087 posts Send Private Message

Thats good that you found something you can use – I like the idea of the cooling rack Scarlet Rose! We used a plastic grate that is actually a covering for flourescent lights, but its very difficult to clean. I think we will try the cooling rack next.

• Scarlet_Rose
                        Participant
                        4293 posts Send Private Message

You’re welcome!

• Beeslee
                          Participant
                          147 posts Send Private Message

I just wanted to say thank you for all the wonderful ideas!!!! Well I decided to use my kitties old litter box. Minxzie was getting to big for the box since I bought this when she was a kitten so I bought her the same box but bigger. It has a very high back and a regular size front. It is a covered box. Well I cleaned it out with viingar and then placed Bunykins usual litter in it with some TH. Well lo and be hold she hopped right in and started to eat and poo of course LOL! She started to dig and dig to the other side of the world and nothing came flying out of the box! After a few weeks I decided to try it with the cover on in order to keep those smelly poos (they smell skunky) under control and everything seems to work out just peachy! I am sooo happy, Minxzie’s so happy for her new box and well Bunykins is happy also because she can dig, dig dig! Thank you everyone for all the great advise I get on this site. Being a new bunny owner is nerve racking when you don’t know what to do or even get. I have directed a few bun owners to this site from Graigslist when they were asking questions. Hope they took the advice!

Viewing 10 reply threads
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A screen over litter