Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Scared but ok please answer

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
    • Xxventanaxx
      Participant
      356 posts Send Private Message

So everything has been fine with lux but all of a sudden we walked by her cage and I don’t know if she got freaked or what but you at the fasTest ever darted across her cage and face first into the other and ran to the other side and then did it again and wouldn’t let us pick her up. Finally she did and we are giving her lots of lovings on our bed but she keeps thumping. Was she sleeping and we prolly just scared her? We have had her over 2 years and this has never happened before. She’s giving us kisses and letting us pet her. Was freaky. She’s not crying or anything when we move her around and move her joints.

• Xxventanaxx
        Participant

Sounds like maybe a panic attack. Flung herself into the bars

• Bam
          16878 posts Send Private Message

It does sound like a panic attack, maybe due to some sound she heard that human ears aren’t able to pick up? It happens sometimes with rabbits. I remember my Yohio came running at full speed and hid under the bed and thumped like he was terrified – it only happened a few times, but what set it off I could never figure out.

He was always fine once he’d calmed down. I hope Lux will be too!

• Sirius&Luna
            Participant
            2319 posts Send Private Message

My bunny did this yesterday, he just went flying and crashed straight into the bars of his pen. It was terrifying, and I couldn’t work out what had terrified the poor thing.

In the end I decided it was because I normally say ‘hello buns’ when I walk in the door, but because I came in with my boyfriend and we were chatting, i didn’t say hello, and just turned on the light.

It might be worth starting to talk when you approach the cage so she knows you’re coming? I think they only rarely react like that because it’s only when you startle them from a deep sleep or something.

• Xxventanaxx
              Participant

It was just freaking. I was carrying my wife to bed and that’s when it happened. Maybe lux thought her mommy was hurt. It scared the living crap outta me that I dropped my wife and went to my bunny. She’s perfectly fine now. But I held her for twenty minutes in one of her favorite positions and softly talked to her saying it’s ok baby it’s ok daddy’s here. I had to drag her out from under her hiding place to make sure she was ok. Gave her lots of treats. After about thirty minutes she went and ate all her veggies like a good girl

• Xxventanaxx
                Participant

Whenever we come in the house we always say hi bun bun!!! We like never call her lux anymore lol.

• DanaNM
                  8935 posts Send Private Message

This happened once with Moose, it was terrifying. I had stepped into his pen, and he started bolting from to end, crashing into the fence.

I think he was already on edge because the trash truck was outside, and then me stepping in startled him. I had to pin him down to get him to stop, it was so sad.

Glad your girl is OK, it is scary when they spook like that!

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Vienna Blue in France
                    Participant
                    5317 posts Send Private Message

Xx . Sorry if im not supposed to laugh (now i know everything’s ok) but just had the image of you dropping your wife…..

• Xxventanaxx
                      Participant

Posted By Vienna Blue in France on 10/11/2017 2:54 PM
                        Xx . Sorry if im not supposed to laugh (now i know everything’s ok) but just had the image of you dropping your wife…..

Hahaha yeah

Viewing 8 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Scared but ok please answer