Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR SCARE THE JEEBERS OUTTA ME!

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
    • Deleted User
      Participant
      22064 posts Send Private Message

Why do bunnies come out of nowhere and scamper right in front of your path … like trying to stop you dead in your tracks … and more than not Luey does it when I am carrying a cuppa tea?

Any one  else’s bunnies do this?

Dawn xx

• bunnytowne
        Participant
        7537 posts Send Private Message

yep I am just going along and got him twice today all of a sudden he started darting in front of my feet.  ohh he is fussing now I just put him to bed so I can spend time with Feda. banging his toy. she bangs hers too I  got up at 6:30 got the free pastry and bread tried to go back to sleep oh noooo cotton bangs then feda bangs. might as well forget it . 

• Cadbury
          Participant
          161 posts Send Private Message

I am convinced it is Cadbury’s mission in life to get stepped on. I swear she runs right under my feet! I have to shuffle, not walk, because I’m so worried I’ll step on her!

• ScooterandAnnette
            Participant
            1090 posts Send Private Message

I think their ears house a powerful “bunny radar” that basically senses where to go to be as big a pain as possible…

• Kokaneeandkahlua
              Participant
              12067 posts Send Private Message

LOL mine all do that…So silly!

• Deleted User
                Participant
                22064 posts Send Private Message

We call it “riding the foot” and “bunny football. We learned a lot from my first bun Fu, the bunny shuffle, we all spent the first months, windmilling to keep our balance and watching Fu slide full speed across wooden floors after a collision.

Shadow is smarter, he takes all the short cuts to get places by going under all the furniture. This way we can’t step on him and bonus…we can’t catch him. Although he does have a thing for the BF’s shoes, and can be found attached to his shoes as he walks across the room.

• Bunneh
                  Participant
                  37 posts Send Private Message

Binky and Buffy like to share a doorway when I try and walk in they will almost get stepped on because they like to lounge in the doorway then when I try to step over they sit up….

• JK
                    Participant
                    2223 posts Send Private Message

Edson is constantly under my feet. I can barely walk in his room!

• skunklionshow
                      Participant
                      1257 posts Send Private Message

Have you ever noticed that small children have this issue too?  They tend to walk right into people’s legs and/or walls or whatever…I’m sure its due to their low to the ground perspective…..

Gotta go its bunny salad time and Jessica is VERY demanding I follow her schedule!

• skunklionshow
                        Participant

I’m too late w/ the salad…I got dueling bunny butts!!!!!

• Lisa_43
                          Participant
                          1499 posts Send Private Message

They just have to keep you on your toes. They sure are quiet creatures.

• bunnytowne
                            Participant

cotton did that twice yesterdy and he never did that b4  he got scooted across the floor scared me.  Feda does it all the time now. she hides under the nightstand then when one of us goes in the bedroom walking in her space she sneaks up out of nowhere and then there she is. oh noo almost stepped on you gesh I wish she wouldn’t do that. scares me

• bunnytowne
                              Participant

by the way children my son used to stand right behind me and his dad in the kitchen we would be filling our plates or getting something out of the frigie and step back right onto his feet or knock him down took couple of months b4 he stopped that he was around 9 yrs old too drove us nuts

now FEda I think cotton quit except on his rug I have to watch it. I put him a rug cuz we have linoleum. that Feda is sneaky she is not there then she’s there. presto magic

• Holly
                                Participant
                                371 posts Send Private Message

Yeah, Holly is funny. Sometimes I don’t see her. I think it is safe to move and here she is practically under my feet. I haven’t stepped on her, but I’ve came close. I’m scared to death I’ll step on her.

• (dig)x(me)x(now)
                                  Participant
                                  2517 posts Send Private Message

Frankie has a habit of running right into where my foot should land when I’m walking. You should see the stupid stumbling i do to avoid him. He gets accidentally kicked on regular basis, though!

• skunklionshow
                                    Participant

Bunnytowne….I’m a little worried.  Has your home turned into a Traumatic Brain Injury Refuge for Animals & Children?  Just kidding, I’m sure your son and/or bunnies haven’t suffered any ill effects from the occasional punt!

Viewing 15 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR SCARE THE JEEBERS OUTTA ME!