Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Scales on Ears

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    • threebunner4
      Participant
      13 posts Send Private Message

I found this on top of my bunny’s ear today.  She isn’t constantly itching nor has she lost her appetite.  She also doesn’t have any crust or flakes inside of her ear.  I don’t know how this formed on her ear.  I tried to gently remove it and I found them to be very thin flakes.  A little fur came off with it.  I stopped trying to remove it after removing two small pieces because I didn’t want to hurt her.  Is this a symptom of ear mites?  This the only “sign” though and everything else does not apply to her…

• Wick & Fable
        5781 posts Send Private Message

That amount could just be from natural fur shedding honestly. I’d continue to monitor to see if it gets worse but it doesn’t “scream” mites to me at this stage.

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

• threebunner4
            Participant

Thank you for your insight!

• LBJ10
            16898 posts Send Private Message

It does look a little crusty in the picture. Ear mite crusts tend to not form on the outside of the ear until an infestation is really bad. Is there any fur loss? It could be ringworm or something.

• threebunner4
                Participant

I haven’t seen any drastic hair loss.  Only the usual individual fur flying like my other two bunnies.  The crust/scab is gone, and she hasn’t grown anything new.  She also acts normally.  I’m not sure what it was, but I think it’s not serious.

Viewing 2 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Scales on Ears