Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Sarcoma in young rabbit with heart murmur

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    • Hotot
      Participant
      17 posts Send Private Message

Hello community and thank you for reading this post:

1 yo (estimate) dear Netherland dwarf/hotot who knows mix) rescued intact boy has a sarcoma on his left shoulder.  What?! How could this happen?

Do you have experience with this? What do you think about surgery? Do I have other options besides these three presented by the vet:

1. EKG and surgery. Make sure he’s a candidate,  then hope to get out all the cancerous tissue while it’s still relatively small.  Neuter at the same time. Then he could have a little friend after all this is behind us!

2. Operate without EKG and hope his heart can withstand the anesthesia.

3. Wait it out and give him a beautiful 8-10 months of life.

I just don’t understand how this is happening. What are the chances this little guy (he’s lost a pound since I discovered the tumor and is back down to 3 pounds) could have BOTH a heart murmur and a rare cancer?!

Thank you for offering insight. I know these are my choices to make but it would be good to hear how others have fared or what advice you have. I posted about him before and he’s delicate, what with the heart murmur. But he is so loved and tenacious, I bet he would pull through ok.

Photo of him tonight, cheering me up by honoring me with a bunny bum shot.

• DanaNM
        8930 posts Send Private Message

That’s a really hard situation. 🙁

I don’t have any experience with this, but I think a lot boils down to your vet’s experience level and your financial ability. Is there any risk associated with doing the EKG? I’m not that familiar with the procedure.

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Sarcoma in young rabbit with heart murmur