Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS Safe?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    • Cinnimon&Ollie
      Participant
      300 posts Send Private Message

Is this safe for bunnies?

• Wick & Fable
        5781 posts Send Private Message

If I am referring to the right item, that is only made of cardboard and sisal, which is rabbit-safe. Unless your rabbits like fabric specifically (since sisal is lighter), I would actually suggest just a plain cardboard cat scratcher for chewing– it will likely last longer. This does look fun though!

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

• Cinnimon&Ollie
          Participant

Okay, thank you. My rabbits destroyed the cardboard cat scratcher I got in 2 days, so I was looking for something that is the same idea just might last longer.

• DanaNM
            8929 posts Send Private Message

Hmmm, the might ignore it. If they chew it, it wouldn’t be the same purpose as the cardboard. Keep and eye on loops of sisal that they might catch their teeth on, or if it has stuffing inside. The benefit of the cardboard is it gives them something to destroy that is safe and not your flooring.

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Wick & Fable
              5781 posts Send Private Message

It is money consuming to buy toys that don’t last long, but that also means they are ‘good’ toys for redirecting your rabbits energy! I regularly purchase cat scratchers for my Fable since she spends most her energy on destroying them.

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

• DanaNM
                8929 posts Send Private Message

I saw a tutorial at some point on making your own from cardboard boxes. It looks a little time consuming, but if you have more time than money it might be worth it!

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Cinnimon&Ollie
                  Participant

I have time… not the energy though. I think they would like it because they LOVE sisle just not sure if it was safe or whatnot.

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS Safe?