Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE Sable’s surgery date

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    • Anita Stark
      Participant
      194 posts Send Private Message

Well, his sudden lack of litterbox habit and rising agression toward dh, not to mention his potent smelling pee, made the decision for us.  Sable is scheduled for his neutering surgery Nov 23 first thing in the morning.

• Gina Won
        Participant
        108 posts Send Private Message

good luck little sable!

• BinkyBunny
          8776 posts Send Private Message

A the teenage crazyness emerged!    I’m sending over bunny vibes for a peaceful easy surgery and quick happy healthy healing.  

• Anita Stark
            Participant

Thanks guys.  This weekend I wasn’t even able to get him suitably tranced so I could check the nails I didn’t manage to get last time.  He went out for about 2 seconds then suddenly came to and wriggled away.  Could that be part of the whole hormone thing?  He has been pretty easy to manage until now.

I’m trying to keep myself calm about the whole thing, but this morning I dreamed that I took him in to the vet and the people weren’t the ones I met when I checked them out, plus they didn’t seem to know what they were doing so I bundled him back in his carrier to take him home… then I woke up.  How’s that for pre-surgery nerves?

I’m  sure everything will be okay.  I will be taking him in myself Thursday morning and dh is going to stay home and give his cage a super cleaning to get it ready for the patient.

Thanks again.

• Gravehearted
              Participant
              2428 posts Send Private Message

I can understand being nervous – he’s your baby! it can take some practice for trancing, so that may have been the issue. Hope the unnerving dreams stop! sending good vibes your way

• Anita Stark
                Participant

Sable’s home from surgery and seems to be doing well.  They said he came out of the anaesthesia really well and started eating right away.  When I put him in his cage he took a big drink of water and now he’s just trying to get comfortable.  Poor little guy, I’ve had a few surgeries myself in the last few years, I really feel for him.

Thanks everyone for the kind wishes!

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE Sable’s surgery date