Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Running away with her treat

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
    • Floppybuns
      Participant
      157 posts Send Private Message

Every day I give my buns one treat either a rabbit cookie I made, a craisin, some apple or carrot and every time peach takes hers and runs!! Today she ran around holding it for about five minutes before she ate it. I am no sure why she does this. 

Does anyone else’s buns do this? 

• Bumblebunny
        Participant
        134 posts Send Private Message

Mine will run away some of the time. If the treat is a larger one like an oxbow glucosamine tablet, he takes off and hides while he eats it. We laugh every time he does it.

• Roberta
          Participant
          4355 posts Send Private Message

Yes, when the ration of carrot discs is served in the evning salad, Piglet particularly, will grab his and bolt for a corner. Probably because Pepper thinks he should share his piece before she goes off to eat her piece alone…. The same can’t be said for Craisins where they either cling to the side of the cage or throw themselves round my feet lest I escape with the magic box containing the holy craisins.

• LBJ10
            16869 posts Send Private Message

When I am handing out the naners, they are both trying to climb up my legs to get to the bag. They each get a piece, inhale it right there, and then continue to beg for more. Mine have never run off with anything, but I suppose if they thought the other would steal what they had then they would.

• LittlePuffyTail
              18092 posts Send Private Message

When I give my buns a treat they are especially excited about they usually run in their houses with their treat. I imagine them saying “It’s all mine! I’m not sharing!”. Olivia will do this with a new toy as well. Bunnies just have weird little quirks and preferences.

• Beka27
                Participant
                16016 posts Send Private Message

Oh yes. I think this is pretty typical with multiple bunnies. One will usually grab their treat and take off. Max is the runner. We always “treat” Meadow first, then while she’s eating, we give Max one and he takes off. I’ve seen Meadow take food out of Max’s mouth on more than one occasion, so he’s learned it’s better to leave the scene.

• Elrohwen
                  Participant
                  7318 posts Send Private Message

Both of mine do it. Otto does it because Hannah will try to steal it or bite him in the bum, so he runs off. I do what Beka does and give Hannah her treat first, then slip one to Otto when she isn’t looking. If it’s something small he’ll stay near her, but if it’s a whole cookie type thing he runs off to a hiding place.

Hannah occasionally does this, but only because she’s weird. She likes to pick things up and run around with them, like toys or her stuffed rabbit.

• Deleted User
                    Participant
                    22064 posts Send Private Message

Skipper and Ian both do this. It’s the cutest thing ever watching them run away with it in their mouth. =3 It’s as if they’re saying, “It’s mineeeeeee. I don’t wanna share with you”.

• sir-rabbit-pants
                      Participant
                      35 posts Send Private Message

Thumper had a phase in which he did this ALL the time…mostly when he was a single bun. Sometimes he would run to one place set it down then pick it up and take it somewhere else. It seemed to me like he wanted to enjoy the treat in the BEST place; not any place will do for a treat this good!

• Deleted User
                        Participant
                        22064 posts Send Private Message

Hi Rain just started doing the same thing today! He thinks I’m going to steal his little Oxbow treat. He LOVES them.

• LittlePuffyTail
                          18092 posts Send Private Message

Hi Charlotte. We ask that members please not reply to old threads (this one is from 2013) as it can cause confusion. Feel free to start a new similar thread. Thanks

Viewing 10 reply threads
                        • The topic ‘Running away with her treat’ is closed to new replies.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Running away with her treat