Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE Rucy needs healing vibes!

• This topic has 33sd replies, 25 voices, and was last updated 16 years ago by Jo.
Viewing 33 reply threads
  • Author
    • BinkyBunny
      8776 posts Send Private Message

So Rucy has had ongoing jaw and teeth abscess problems.  She has been fine since her last surgery.  I thought, yeah, it’s been a long while!….that is until last night when I noticed she was chomping differently but other than that she seemed fine.  I checked her out the best i could and thought her spurs might be getting long (her incisors were fine).  

This morning the whole side of her mouth was soaking wet and her mouth smelled foul, so that of course alerted me that an abscess may be brewing.  Her regular vet, Dr. Harvey, who has helped Rucy through her tooth saga over the years is out of town, so I went to Rucy’s other vet.  She took a look, but couldn’t see anything right out obvious, but knew that the “smell” meant something was going on, but she felt it would be better to have Dr. Harvey look at her since she really knows the ins and outs with Rucy’s tricky jaw situation, (too long to explain) so since Rucy is eating, I was sent home with antibiotics to keep under control until Dr. Harvey returns next week.  If it gets worse though and/or she stops eating, there is a another rabbit savvy vet that can do surgery if need be, but of course, I just hope Rucy is able to heal with the antiboitics.  We are keeping a very close eye on her.  

Please send her all your positive thoughts!  She needs it.

• osprey
        Participant
        2065 posts Send Private Message

{{{{Rucy}}}}

Poor honey bunny.  I hope Dr. Harvey can help her out soon.

• Floppy
          Participant
          490 posts Send Private Message

>>>>>Healing Vibes for Rucy!!!!<<<<<

• Deleted User
            Participant
            22064 posts Send Private Message

((((((((( Rucy ))))))) Poor bunny and you. Its going to be a long week.

• Lisa_43
              Participant
              1499 posts Send Private Message

((((((((((((( Rucy)))))))))))) Big healing vibes from the land down under, and from me.

• Lion_Lop_Lover
                Participant
                971 posts Send Private Message

Aww, healing vibes for Rucy!!

• Cadbury
                  Participant
                  161 posts Send Private Message

(((((((Rucy)))))))

• Sarita
                    Participant
                    18851 posts Send Private Message

Healing vibes for Rucy. It’s so stressful for us when our vets are out of town too :~(

• JK
                      Participant
                      2223 posts Send Private Message

Oh Rucy girl, I’m pulling for you and your mom!  Please keep us updated. Here’s to a speedy recovery!

• Beka27
                        Participant
                        16016 posts Send Private Message

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Rucy!)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

• kralspace
                          Participant
                          2663 posts Send Private Message

oh poor baby, we’re pulling for you!

Kathy and the herd

• babybunsmum
                            Participant
                            3896 posts Send Private Message

(((((((((rucy love)))))))))  lots of healing vibes from us in ontario.  let those antibiotics do there work & get rucy feeling better the poor dear.

• Kokaneeandkahlua
                              Participant
                              12067 posts Send Private Message

(((((((((((VIBES))))))))))) Poor Rucy!! **HUGS for you BB**

• kimberleyanddarren
                                Participant
                                2520 posts Send Private Message

get well soon rucy! (((vibes!)))

• KatnipCrzy
                                  Participant
                                  2981 posts Send Private Message

Poor Rucy and poor Jack- he must be able to sense that she is not 100%.

• RabbitPam
                                    11002 posts Send Private Message

((((((((((((((((((((healing vibes, Rucy))))))))))))))))))))

Anti-biotics should make a difference pretty fast. I just hope she’s not in any pain.

• BinkyBunny

Thanks everyone, she’s still eating fine, so chewing is not causing discomfort so that is good. Jack is paying extra attention grooming her and cleaning her face for her. I was worried that because she smells funny he may reject her or pick on her, (though it would be hard for me to believe with Jack, he’s just so sweet- but ya never know) anyway, he’s been nothing but attentive to making sure mouth and eyes stay clean, and I watched him as he did a full body groom the other day, so I think he just wants her to feel better. Last night she was out playing around, so at least she’s not feeling horrible, I just know how quickly these abscessses can form and grow, so I appreciate all the healing vibes!!

• Scarlet_Rose
                                        Participant
                                        4293 posts Send Private Message

Lots of *vibes* for (((((Rucy))))) I hope things improve and she feels better without surgery soon!

• Deleted User
                                          Participant

Sweet get well wishes for you Rucy … bounce back soon you sweet thing.

• RabbitPam
                                            11002 posts Send Private Message

Melting when reading about Jack cleaning her. That is so sweet! Can I marry a bunny who will take care of me like that?
                                              More (((((((((((((((((vibes, Rucy)))))))))))))))))))))))))))

• Kokaneeandkahlua
                                              Participant

Aww Sweet Jack-taking care of his girlfriend!!

• evansvillegirl26
                                                Participant
                                                254 posts Send Private Message

Sending bunny healing vibes for Rucy!!!!!!!!

• kimberleyanddarren
                                                  Participant
                                                  2520 posts Send Private Message

aw i wish real men were like that! hehe
                                                    (((vibes)))

• MarkBun
                                                    Participant
                                                    2842 posts Send Private Message

I tried to be when my girlfriend was sick.  Apparently she didn’t appreciate me licking her face…

• Scarlet_Rose
                                                      Participant
                                                      4293 posts Send Private Message

LOL Markus.

• bunnytowne
                                                        Participant
                                                        7537 posts Send Private Message

waht a sweet pair  may Rucy get well real soon. I love her she is gorgeous I love them all I miss them on webcam. gosh Jack is wonderful waht a mate.

• MimzMum
                                                          Participant
                                                          8029 posts Send Private Message

lolz, Markus! ^^
                                                            Jack is so sweet! He really is a special bun, BB.
                                                            Lots and lots of healing vibes and VERY gentle noserubs from me and the buns! ((((((((((((((((Rucy))))))))))))))

• LittlePuffyTail
                                                            18092 posts Send Private Message

“””Hugs and Vibes to Rucy””

• Kokaneeandkahlua
                                                              Participant

***MORE VIBES***

• MooBunnay
                                                                Participant
                                                                3087 posts Send Private Message

Me and all the buns send their healing vibes to Rucy – and how sweet of Jack to take such good care of her! I hope that she is all healed and much better very soon.

• BinkyBunny

I’m out of town now, but my husband has been giving her meds and making sure she is feeling okay. He says she seems to be doing fine so far. She has another vet appointment on Wednesday (which is when Dr. Harvey is back in town)

Thanks again for the continued well-wishes, and yes, Jack….he’s such a sweet one!!

• Gravehearted
                                                                    Participant
                                                                    2428 posts Send Private Message

sending lots of love and healing to Rucy, I really hope she is ok. Glad to hear she’ll be seeing Dr Harvey on Wednesday. I am also happy to know she has Jack loving on her, since buns in love tend to take good care of each other.

• Deleted User
                                                                      Participant

So far so good. ((((((( Healing Vibes )))))) for Rucy. Jack is a darling. So is your hubby for taking over for you. My BF is usleess when it comes to meds for any of our guys.

• Jo
                                                                        Participant
                                                                        35 posts Send Private Message

Poor Rucy ((((((Rucy))))))))))) I hope she feels better soon!

Viewing 33 reply threads
                                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE Rucy needs healing vibes!