Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum RAINBOW BRIDGE R.I.P Ashley

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
    • Kaitlyn*[ily]*
      Participant
      145 posts Send Private Message

It makes me really upset to have to write this. On Tuesday morning while I was at school, Ashley passed away.

A few days before, I started noticing that she was acting different. She was eating or drinking much and she seemed to remain in one spot for the majority of the day. My mom and I also noticed that she seemed to have trouble breathing and started sneezing. Also, I noticed some discharge around her eyes and nose. We took her to the vet and they gave us an antibiotic for her. I don’t remember exactly what he said she had. She took the antibiotic willingly and seemed to be doing better. Sadly we were mistake. Two days later when I came home from school, my dad gave me this sad look and told me I had ten mintues to say goodbye to Ashley. It makes me really upset because she was barely two years old. At times I feel like it was my fault, because I didn’t noticed the symptoms sooner. 

I know it doesn’t seem like it, but I have been on and been reading through posts. I don’t know if I’ll get on much anymore because it makes me upset. I would like to thank everyone who has helped answer my questions. It meant a lot.  

• jerseygirl
        22342 posts Send Private Message

Oh Kaitlyn! I was sad just now to see Ashleys name here in the support section. I’m so sorry. Do remember, rabbits are masters at hiding illness. Something like a respiratory infection can move very quickly and take them quickly. I think you did great by her in getting her to a vet when you did. Again, I’m so sorry for your loss. She was a beautiful grey girl. Binky Free Ashley!

• MimzMum
          Participant
          8029 posts Send Private Message

My profound sympathies for your loss! When a bunny suddenly loses her fight for life like this, it is always very hard for us who remain. As I am dealing with a chronically ill bunny, I do understand how you must feel. It is so scary when they are unwell and when they seem to make a better turn, we are relieved and hopeful. I am so sorry Ashley has crossed the rainbow bridge, but I pray that she is binkying in green fields and watching over you with love.

Bless you. You will always be welcome here if you should change your mind to return, but I also understand how it can be too painful sometimes to do so. Please know that there have been many members here who have come back even after losing a bunny, and we are here to welcome you if you wish. ((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))

Binky free Ashley!

• kralspace
            Participant
            2663 posts Send Private Message

Oh, Kaitlyn, I’m so very sorry to hear about Ashley. It’s so hard to lose them like that but you got her to the vet quick, there was probably nothing else that could have been done for her. I’m glad your dad waited so you could say good bye. She had a wonderful life and a great bunny mom,

binkie free, Ashley and ((((hugs to you)))))))
              Kathy

• MirBear
              Participant
              1412 posts Send Private Message

((((hugz))))

• Sarita
                Participant
                18851 posts Send Private Message

Hugs to you. I will light a candle for Ashley to help her cross the Rainbow Bridge.

• RabbitPam
                  11002 posts Send Private Message

I’m so sorry about Ashley.
                    You cared for her a lot, and did exactly what you needed to do, getting her to the vet right away, giving her meds. Sometimes we just don’t know the whole story and they can “pretend’ to be much better than they are, so know that you did your best. You gave her a loving home for her lifetime, and that’s a wonderful thing.

Please, please know you are always welcome here. When I lost Spockie, I actually found the Rainbow Bridge website first, and they had a ceremony online that you could log onto every Monday night that was a memorial service for anyone who had lost a pet that week. It helped to do something formal, when I was grieving. They were mostly dogs and cats but all are welcome. It was after that I found BB and people who really understood how I felt.
                    {{{{{{{{Hugs to you}}}}}}}}
                    {{{{{{{{{{{Binky free, Ashley}}}}}}}}}}}}}

• Elrohwen
                    Participant
                    7318 posts Send Private Message

I’m so sorry! You took her to the vet right away and did everything you could for her – so don’t blame yourself. Ashley knows you did your best for her. ((hugs)) Losing a pet is one of the hardest things, but I’m sure, when the grief isn’t so strong, that you’ll thing back and remember all of the joy she brought to your life.

• LittlePuffyTail
                      18092 posts Send Private Message

Sorry about the loss of your bunny, sweetie. ****HUGS***** Ashley’s death is not your fault and I’m sure she died with your love in her heart. We’re here for you and would love for you to still stop by.

• Bren
                        Participant
                        149 posts Send Private Message

We lost our last bun during the neuter process about 5 months ago. It was very difficult and I definately felt responsible. Know that that we understand the pain you are going through, and we all care!  I now have a 6 mo. old rabbit named willie and he is the center of my world. IF I ever find a savy enough vet…he is suppose to get fixed this month. I am terrified. but….I would do it all over again, because they bring so much joy.  Ashley obviously touched you as sure as I am positive you touched her during her lifetime!  Hugs to you for giving her such an awesome life in the first place and that her name will live on, even here at BB>

• Kokaneeandkahlua
                          Participant
                          12067 posts Send Private Message

*HUGS* I’m sooo sooo sorry for your loss. I know just how devastating a loss that can be. It hurts as much as losing any person-even more. I lost Kokanee before she was two as well. I still grieve for her-though my tears aren’t bitter and I remember her fondly. I still tear up when I visit her resting place, but it’s better with time. I’ll never forget her-and you’ll never forget Ashley-and that’s what it’s about.
                            I think that’s the trade off with our furbabies-they are so wonderful and giving and beautiful-yet we are destined to outlive them. It’s heartbreaking.
                            I do hope you ‘stick around’ with us *HUGS*

Binky Free Ashley

Viewing 10 reply threads
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum RAINBOW BRIDGE R.I.P Ashley