Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE ***RETURN OF PARIS HILTON***

Viewing 35 reply threads
  • Author
    • dmh426
      Participant
      433 posts Send Private Message

So, Paris Hilton called me last night at home. I don’t know how she got my home number but….that’s not the point. Remember the cute little puppy she was going to get a.k.a Tinkerbell the designer dog?  So, she picked up the puppy and stopped off at the pet store to buy it a diamond studded collar and some clothes (no kidding…what happened to food and a doggy bed?!?) upon where she saw the cutest bunny that SHE HAD TO HAVE. She didn’t want to tell me that she picked up another bunny at a pet store. She was convinced that it was Puck the holland lop’s fault that he didn’t want to be held so thought she would try again. Well, guess what? Bad parenting is bad parenting. She’s ready for me to come get this one too. I COULD SCREAM. SERIOUSLY. I WANT TO DO HER BODILY HARM.

So, I am arranging to take this one too.

• Theresa Moan
        Participant
        249 posts Send Private Message

Are you  #$#ing kidding me?  It has been like 2 weeks since you took the last one, right?
          I guess you should try to get the cage out of her so she can’t refill it.
          What an idiot.

What happened to Puck? (I’m sorry if you already explained I’ve been away from Binkybunny lately)

• dmh426
          Participant

TRUST ME. I wish I was kidding. But I am not. I took Puck two weeks ago Thursday. He is being fostered by a very good friend of mine who is resocializing him and having him neutered on Friday. He is doing well, so well in fact, that she is seriously considering adopting him since her three bunnies are loving Puck.

So yes, it would appear that no sooner did I leave with Puck that three days later she got another rabbit. I did take the cage and everything else that came with Puck, but I guess she had a smaller cage for when Puck was smaller that she put this bunny in. I AM LIVID. I am not a violent person, but I want to seriously shake the he!! out of this girl and snap some sense into her.

She said (and I quote, in the Paris Hilton voice): Whhhhhhhhy does this keep happening to me???? Why do I keep picking the bad rabbit? It won’t even let me hold him and runs and hides when I try to pick him up out of his cage.

No fricken kidding, einstein? Maybe because you, like many others, should not even be given a stuffed animal to take care of!!! So, I am most likely taking this bunny as well. i was hoping to make it mine, since I have been thinking about getting a second, but she’s a female and Sophie’s a female and this bunny is no “mini” anything, as it was advertised. Just one glance at the size of it’s feet and ears and general body length, and I know it’s going to be between 6 and 8 pounds. I am so mad!!!!

• Theresa Moan
            Participant

So THAT is why she didn’t even ask you how Puck was doing.  She didn’t want to tell you that she replaced him in 3 days.  After you generously took him from her. 

I’m glad to hear that Puck is doing well with the other bunnies at your friends place. The little guy is probably tramatized. I feel like you must be at least a moderately sensitive, compassionate, and selfless individual to care for an animal like a rabbit…Which she obviously is not.

How did the phone call go last night?  I would have b*$#ched  her out.  But I’m also glad you didn’t since there is another poor bun bun in her clutches….

BTW, so is sophie enjoying her new playhouse?

Also – I havea bun who is 9lbs…And I love her!

• dmh426
              Participant

I was too stunned last night to say anything into the phone, honestly. The good news is God intervened by way of a telephone call from my uncle asking about how to go about rescuing a rabbit for his friend’s wife. I guess they had a house rabbit for 6 years that past away a few months ago, shortly after the wife went out of work on disability for cancer. They are eager to bring a rabbit in to love and the wife has the time and the patience to raise a baby bunny right, so my first thought was “oh thank god”. The husband is great friends with my uncle and I talked to him tonight on the phone and he was very knowledgable about houserabbits, so…I am going to go over later this weekend with the new bunny from Paris Hilton and see if they hit it off.

I just can’t even believe that I am doing this again so soon for Paris Hilton. I will be sure to take that extra cage with me this time!

• poopy
                Participant
                684 posts Send Private Message

do you work at a pet store?

you should screw her over- sell her phone # to the paparazzi

on the other hand, if she’s willing to be educated about proper house rabbit care which would require tact on your part, she could potentially help to educate others through her celebrity and donations to HRS! think about it…..if you got her to donate a large sum (which would be small to her but probably the largest the HRS might ever get from a single person)…think of how many rabbits would be helped by that by giving her the rabbit she wants along with the House Rabbit Handbook?

• Lucy
                  Participant
                  370 posts Send Private Message
                    Posted By dmh426 on 01/03/2007 2:08 PM
                    Paris Hilton as she will be known on this site, didn’t even ask about her bunny when I saw her at work today. NOT A WORD. Just goes to show you….some people shouldn’t be allowed to be pet parents. I swear, there should be a test or something…

It’s not really Paris Hilton…. you can go back to House Rabbit Q&A and click the forum topic "Advice desperately needed on a foster bunny" to read what happened from the beginning.

• BinkyBunny
                    8776 posts Send Private Message

Hey Poopy, if it was only really Paris Hilton, then maybe there could be some benefit out of such ignorance of the person dmh is talking about. – it was just a name someone called someone else (not on this board) to reveal a personality flaw and to also keep the person’s name anonymous. 

• poopy
                      Participant
                      684 posts Send Private Message

oh haha….guess i shouldve read the other thread!

• dmh426
                        Participant

Sorry, I jsut started calling her “PARIS HILTON” and it kinda stuck on this forum. it seeemd appropriate I don’t work at a pet store, but you would think i did. This girl had the potential to be a great bunny parents, she bought all the right books, an amazing condo for her first bunny, fed the right kinda hay, but then slipped up and lost her way somewhere. so, now I am taking a second rabbit from her in two weeks.

• MooBunnay
                          Participant
                          3087 posts Send Private Message

That is sooo unbelievably nice of you to be taking that second bunny!! Has anyone ever explained to her that bunnies just DON"T LIKE being picked up? It seems that she is not so good at picking up on these things…

• dmh426
                            Participant

I don’t think she’s the brightest crayon in the box if you know what i mean. Liek i said, fortunately, I think I already found the bunny a new home. Keep your fingers crossed.

• MooBunnay
                              Participant
                              3087 posts Send Private Message

Hi!

Any updates on the bunny?  Have you gotten it? It is terribly traumatized from its owner?

• dmh426
                                Participant

I haven’t gotten the bunny yet. We’re back in the stage of Paris not treturning my calls. I still have to check the potential adoptive family, but I don’t think the bunny is being traumatized, or i would have gotten it out of there by now!!!! I’m not above driving to her house and sitting on the front pirch (snow and all) and waiting for her to come home from class or work. But… I passed the message along through acquaintainces that i wanted her to call me. I think right now the bunny is still cute and little, but the sooner I can get the bun out of there, the better.

Just DRAMA that I don’t need. I work in a professional theatre for godsakes, how much more drama do I need?

• KOKKINIKLOSTI
                                  Participant
                                  60 posts Send Private Message

Eeeeek! I was away for some days and now i come in and read THAT? For God’s sake! And, Poopy, although you made a mistake about the “Paris ” thing i think that anyway this girl really deserves a big wack on her head, even if it does not come from paparazzi!At least it seems that there really is a God after all! Your unkle’s friend hit the exact right timing! And (out of topic) i am so jealus of you, dmh426, for working in a theatre! I just lllove drama!!!!

• dmh426
                                    Participant

The theatre is my second job. I work at a law firm by day. I love the drama!!!! I was a theatre minor in college so it helps to keep that kind of creative energy around me. Sophie is quite the diva also. i bring her in and will let her run around the costume shop and everyone looooooves her.

Yeah Paris Hilton still hasn’t called me back. grrrr

• KOKKINIKLOSTI
                                      Participant

Isn’t she afraid of the new people that get in? She is a brave little girl! I have been participating with amateur drama teams for about 8 years now! Drama is a great part of my life, but here in Grece, 70% of the actors are unemployed! So, as a woman that likes having something extra to the basics of life, i chose to keep drama as a hobby! Although i am pretty sure that i can perform much better than some professional actors! Have you ever thought of “lending” Sophie to play on stage sometime?(just a joke!) And ofcourse Paris is not going to call you back! She loves herself too much to care about others or even the creatures she likes dumping! (“dumping” is not for you!)

• dmh426
                                        Participant

Hahaha. You and I are of a same mind when it comes to our acting. I am the Asst. House Manager and totally critique the actors. I know I could defintiely portray a character better than the one that’s the lead in the show now, let me tell you. Sophie is a complete diva. She looooves the college kids. They also know that if she’s in her carrier in my office, to leave her be, but if she comes up to them looking for some lovin’ to go for it. It’s good for her socialization. Saw Paris Hilton across the theatre last night, she RAN to the opposite door. Wonder what that was all about. Maybe she is keeping this bunny…. but I really don’t want her to. She’s a bad Mom!!!!

• Deleted User
                                          Participant
                                          22064 posts Send Private Message

0.o Aya!  I cant believe someone would do that to the poor bunny!

I also have a rat and a dwarf hamster, and I recently had a friend try an pawn off her ratty boy on me because she "just didnt feel like having rat smell in her room"  CLEAN THE CAGE!  BE A RESPONSIBLE PET OWNER! GAH!  So I currently offered to take care of him until we could find a more loving home for him…

• dmh426
                                            Participant

There should be serious testing for people before they are allowed to ahve pets. A screening process, like adopting a child!!!!

• KOKKINIKLOSTI
                                              Participant

It is much easier to portray characterd when you watch them under the stage! That’s why stage directors usually do not have a play part! I found out myself that i can analyse the other people’s parts better than mine! So, sophie is a very sociable girl!
                                                Good for her! And Nitetiggress, it is so terrible when people just get tired or bored by their pets! In my opinion, at least as long as the animal lives in our house, they have the same rights in the house as anybody else! And giving away a pet, to me is sth like giving away a close relative in need!

• Theresa Moan
                                                Participant

So DMH426, what is the update on the 2nd bun??

• dmh426
                                                  Participant

Are we ready for this? The second bunny was already sent to Spring Farm, the local animal sanctuary. She called me about two weeks ago and asked me to take this one too “because it’s just like the other one” (in her whiny Paris Hilton voice) . So, I gave her the number of the animal rescue where I volunteer and she gave him up. He was neutered immediately after being dropped off, along with the very nice donation I made her give, including her $200 cage that my beloved bunny would love to have, and has been adopted.

This cute little spotted holland lop now belongs to my 19 year old cousin, who is learning about rabbit ownership from her big cousin. the “cousins” are having their first playdate tomorrow. I was there for their first meeting, and we sat down on the floor and he came a-hoppin’ right over to say hi. She lives at home with her dad and goes to college locally, and was wanting a pet. She’s going to be a great rabbit mom. She named him Silas and is currently devouring Rabbits for Dummies, which was a present from me! Will have to get her and Silas a binkybunny screenname. So, another bunny saved from Paris Hilton!!!!

• KOKKINIKLOSTI
                                                    Participant

At last, Sillas got lucky! I really feel sorry for the life her “so precious” small dog is going to have with her! She is just disgusting! And, what is “Spring Farm”?

• dmh426
                                                      Participant

Spring Farm Animal Sanctuary is the local animal rescue. they take everything from hamsters to horses. I volunteer there.

It’s funny that you called her “so precious” little dog that. Her name is precious!!!!

• wendyzski
                                                        Participant
                                                        1312 posts Send Private Message

I’m so glad that the second bun will be okay.

A girl I know from Live Journal impulse-bought a baby bun after reading my Pepper stories.  She has a history of jumping into projects and then dumping them when she gets bored, so I was really worried.  Plus she has a baby of under a year so I knew she didn’t have a lot of time for him/her.  I got her to the right communities and made sure she had all the right info, and she started to realize that maybe this wasn’t a good idea, but I didn’t want to push it.

Last week she posted that her older sister has been pushing to adopt the bunny and give it free-run as a houserabbit.  She was going to pick him/her up this weekend.  She said that she printed out all the info we gave her and that sis is really interested in learning all about bunnies.  I’m mailing her my copy of "Rabbits For Dummies" as a welcome present.

So, at least it sounds like little Pete will have a better situation now.  I’m sooo glad.

• Theresa Moan
                                                          Participant

OMG, it has happened for REAL!!!!

Paris Hilton went undercover in a brunette wig and shades to buy two bunnies just in time for Easter. Paris then brought her furry friends shopping at The Beverly Center.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

• Lucy
                                                            Participant
                                                            370 posts Send Private Message

this is f***ing ridiculous.

I wonder what LA shelter will end up with the Hilton bunnies….

• wendyzski
                                                              Participant
                                                              1312 posts Send Private Message

I hope they pee in her purse!

• x liddo bunny x
                                                                Participant
                                                                314 posts Send Private Message

– -” i feel sad for any animal that comes into contact with her. hope the bun is a boy and sprays her then maybe she will think twice before getting another one. (tryjng not to be mean)

• BinkyBunny

OMG.  I told my husband, and he had a few choice colorful words too.    She acts like the bunny is a fashion accessory.  I guess it’s her way to "wear fur"   

It sure is amazing how we’ve been joking around about this for months, and then it actually happened!

• Sean
                                                                    Participant
                                                                    33 posts Send Private Message

holy #^$@! i didunt know she was gettin bunnies lol poor them

• dmh426
                                                                      Participant

Oh man. Karma will come back to kick these Paris’s in the @ss. I can only hope the real Paris Hilton is a better bunny parent then my local Paris wannabe. aye aye aye

• BinkyBunny
                                                                        Moderator

Well since jail time is in her future, I think Karma has got it’s shoe on and  is ready for some kickin’

• Theresa Moan
                                                                          Participant

Lol well said Binky

• dmh426
                                                                            Participant

You know, I try not to tune in to gossip like that, but Karma has come back around. 23 days worth in jail’s worth of karma, from what i’ve heard.

Viewing 35 reply threads
                                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE ***RETURN OF PARIS HILTON***