Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE Rescue Remedy-dosage??

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author
    • Kokaneeandkahlua
      Participant
      12067 posts Send Private Message

Hey! After talking about first aid kits and medicine on here, I decided to buy some of the ‘rescue remedy’ that we all talked about. I found it on ebay and it should be here soon!

I’m just wondering about dosage? It says you can use it for an emergency or just to calm….I was hoping to give some to Rupert, but I am not too sure about how much I could/should give him? Does anyone know? Has anyone used it just to calm a bunny?

• MooBunnay
        Participant
        3087 posts Send Private Message

I am not sure – have you tried looking it up online?

I found this on http://www.preciouspets.org

In general, Rescue Remedy can be very helpful for animals in cases of physical or emotional trauma. For animals up to human size put four drops in the drinking water. For larger animals increase the dosage to ten drops. Cats, in particular, don’t like the smell or taste of alcohol. Rub the Rescue Remedy behind their ears; they’ll hate it, but it’s good for them.

I found this on http://www.petsynergy.com/rabbits

Basically four drops of the stock bottle are added to a one ounce glass dropper bottle of spring water and shaken up. It is best to make this up immediately before use as the mixture will not keep too long. For people alcohol is used as a preservative but I find in small animals like rabbits it is best to use plain spring water. Two or three drops of the mixture can be given into the mouth or onto the gums every five minutes until a response is seen

• Scarlet_Rose
          Participant
          4293 posts Send Private Message

K & K I use four drops in the water dish it is a big water crock.  If they are really stressed, like before a vet visit I dose them with two to three drops directly in the mouth. 

• Kokaneeandkahlua
            Participant

Yippee! Thanks I can’t wait for it to get here!!

• Scarlet_Rose
              Participant

You’re welcome!!! : ) FYI – It also can be used for humans too.

• Kokaneeandkahlua
                Participant

I’ve actually been wondering about using it for public speaking (for some reason big fear for me )

• Scarlet_Rose
                  Participant

K & K check out Bach’s web site;

http://www.bachflower.com/

I’ve used the Rescue Sleep too and it worked well.  I’m not fond of over the counter drugs that make me all groggy.

• Kokaneeandkahlua
                    Participant

For help SLEEPING?!?!? I srsly need that! I can sleep over 12 hours, (it’s crazy) but falling asleep-so bad at it!!

• MimzMum
                      Participant
                      8029 posts Send Private Message

Wow, I first heard of Rescue Remedy back in the early 90’s/late 80’s…can’t believe it’s still around! My sis-in-law used to go with me to health food stores and we’d buy that or the little stone tinctures and infusions to use for stress and other ailments. I haven’t seen it sold up here, but I remember it well. ^^
                        I used the link in the “Curious” thread to go to “For Other Living Things” and picked up the RR spray. (Maybe that will help Hello Kitty to calm around the other cats-and them around her!) It has some fabulous stuff! (I loved the ‘bunny buddy’, too bad they were out of him!)

• Scarlet_Rose
                        Participant

It sure does Mimz!

K & K, I started using the Rescue Sleep not too long ago when all my stress with work started. Now that I’ve got a regular workout routine going though, it is easier for me to sleep.

• MimzMum
                          Participant

I hadn’t heard of the Rescue Sleep. I might like to check that out. During my chemo, 2nd round, I began getting terribly depressed and the doctor thought I might not be able to sleep well enough to effect recovery, so he started me on Zoloft and Ambien CR. I was also taking lorazepam, which I have since been able to drop. (Benzo’s are strong meds that can become very habit forming.)
                            During the winters here, it’s hard to be outside much, plus the lack of light keeps you from sleeping properly. You either sleep too much or too little. You NEVER get enough exercise. I’ve always had an anxiety problem too, so I wonder if the Rescue Sleep could get me through until I can get back to the outdoors again in Spring? I’d sure rather use that than prescription meds! Where do you find that again?

This is yet another blessing brought to me by my bun. We have an outdoor area that he spends time in during the days of summer, and while checking on him constantly and hunting up goodies for him in the yard, I spent A LOT more time outdoors this last year than I have in the 13 years we’ve been here! He’s just made my life better all around! ^^

• Scarlet_Rose
                            Participant

Awe Mimz it sounds like you’ve had a bit of a time, I am sorry to hear that. I got the Rescue Sleep at my local health food store. Not sure where you can find it in your area, I’m sure there are plenty of places online though. Be sure to let your Dr. know though so they can be sure there are not going to be adverse reactions with any meds or treatments you may be undergoing, especially anti-depressants (Please be careful!), they are affected by herbal remedies and not always in a good way. I would really hate to see anything adverse happen to you!

• Kokaneeandkahlua
                              Participant

Actually I bought mine on ebay (don’t know if you use that) it didn’t take long to find it either!

Here’s a webiste, with the rescue sleep stuff, for sale…http://www.bachflower.com/RescueSleep.htm

• MimzMum
                                Participant

That’s it, Bach Flower Remedies! Oooh, yes, I am a BIGTIME Ebayer. I’ll have to check that out, thankies! ^^
                                  Don’t worry Scarlet, I am obsessive about medicines. I won’t even take aspirin or Tylenol within about 48 hours of each other to head off any possible contraindications. You can imagine how crazy it got during chemo when they had me using Tylenol and Benadryl in the same cup to lower my chances of allergic reactions! (Needless to say, on infusion days I got some serious sleep!)
                                  Thanks so much everyone! ^^

• Scarlet_Rose
                                  Participant

(((HUGS))) Mimz I hope it works for you!

• Gravehearted
                                    Participant
                                    2428 posts Send Private Message

We were using rescue remedy with Hareiette and found it really helped calm her down, especially before fluids and her other meds.

Whole Foods seems to carry the whole line of Bach products. Hope the Rescue Sleep will help you Mimz

• Scarlet_Rose
                                      Participant

Gravehearted, I am so glad to hear it helped Hareiette. It really works with my two. A couple of drops in a cup of chamomile tea is good for humans too. : ) I buy mine from a local chain called “Vitamin Cottage.” Usually the little mom & pop health food stores or natural food stores will have better prices. Look in your phone book (yellow pages) under Health Food Stores. Wild Oats, Wild Harvest and Whole Foods will carry it too. Look for the homeopathic remedy section.

• Gravehearted
                                        Participant
                                        2428 posts Send Private Message

Yes Scarlet_Rose – my hubby had ME taking it too when I was so stressed out about HRH being sick. I found it really did help calm me down too.

• Scarlet_Rose
                                          Participant

Awe he was worried about you! That is very sweet Gravehearted! In fact I think I’m going to go fix myself a cup of tea with some. It’s been a long day.

Viewing 18 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE Rescue Remedy-dosage??