Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR Rescue Rabbit / Need Advice / Humping

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    • Coatesy
      Participant
      2 posts Send Private Message

So the other day, I went down to the pet shop for a small dog bone with my fiancé, we ended up rescuing a Rabbit. Don’t ask me how it happened but the little twat had a sparkle in his eye and we brought him home.

Ever since we have gotten a minor bond with him,  he is constantly trying to hump me. I know.. Alot of people say get him neutered, but his nuts haven’t dropped yet so they are tucked away and we have been advised to wait until they drop. So in the mean time I’m stuck with Hugh Heffner as a Rabbit and id like some tips on how to calm him down slightly, because he has a lovely nature.

Thanks guys

• LBJ10
        16908 posts Send Private Message

How old is he? His testicles may be closer than you think. 😉

In the meantime, you could try using a stand-in. A lot of people use a stuffed toy. Simply redirect him to that whenever he starts humping.

• Coatesy
            Participant
            2 posts Send Private Message

They dont actually know mate, they said between 1 and 18 months. You know what a stuffed toy is not a bad idea i will most certainly try that, i cant get the fucker off my arm after 5 minutes of binkying around the room. I mean hes probably living his best life but yano.

Thanks for the tips mate.

• DanaNM
            8935 posts Send Private Message

LOL 😆  I would take him to the vet to have them assess.  Sometimes older buns will “suck” their testicles back up when nervous. At any rate sometimes it can take a while to get an appointment for neutering so might as well start the process.

He is very likely older than 1 month because they stay with their mom until 2 months. Hormonal behaviors usually start around 3-4 months, so I would say he’s at least that old. If you post a picture we may be able to take a guess.

I agree a stuffy is a good idea. When I volunteered at the shelter we had a number of stuffies that we would give to the unneutered buns so they could get out their frustrations, there was one shaped like a hedgehog that was particularly popular  😆

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR Rescue Rabbit / Need Advice / Humping