Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE replacements for romaine?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    • Toby Da Bunny
      Participant
      103 posts Send Private Message

Hi! So I heard that there is a concern again about romaine lettuce here in the US and have been warned not to eat it or feed it to my bunny.. which is annoying because I JUST bought him some  

I feed him romaine as part of his every day diet. He gets a good amount, twice a day. I wanted to know what are other greens I could feed him that are safe for every day like that? I also feed him kale and spinach but I know those are not good daily. Any ideas? I tried googling but it didn’t specify which greens are for treats and which can be fed daily. 

Thank you 

• Marzipan The Bunny
        Participant
        73 posts Send Private Message

You could try veggies like collard greens, Bok choy, Raddichio, Green leaf, red leaf, and butter leaf lettuce. I would also suggest feeding herbs like basil, parsley, cilantro, mint, etc just to add variety. A majority of Marzipans diet is romaine lettuce so he’s kind of grumpy that he didn’t get it but I’m pretty sure he likes the other vegetables. Im just so unhappy with the number of issues with romaine lettuce including the two E. Coli this year, It really gets you thinking what people put in it.

• Toby Da Bunny
          Participant
          103 posts Send Private Message

Posted By Mars The Bun Bun on 11/21/2018 10:28 PM
            You could try veggies like collard greens, Bok choy, Raddichio, Green leaf, red leaf, and butter leaf lettuce. I would also suggest feeding herbs like basil, parsley, cilantro, mint, etc just to add variety. A majority of Marzipans diet is romaine lettuce so he’s kind of grumpy that he didn’t get it but I’m pretty sure he likes the other vegetables. Im just so unhappy with the number of issues with romaine lettuce including the two E. Coli this year, It really gets you thinking what people put in it.

Thank you Mars! I think I might try the collard greens. And same!! Ollie loves his romaine, this is just scary now to have to watch out for this. They even stopped selling romaine at the super market!! The FDA banned stores and restaurants from serving/selling.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE replacements for romaine?