Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum RAINBOW BRIDGE Remembering Mr Rabbit

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    • theo_ct
      Participant
      24 posts Send Private Message

Hi all,

Just wanted to make a post in honour of Mr Rabbit, who left us this day last year. This forum was very useful to us in finding information and advice back then, and still is for my remaining pair, so I think he would want me to make a post here.

On this day in 2019 when he died, it was truly awful, and I still feel the pain today. I spent a lot of time thinking (read: crying) about this last night, and I have woken up feeling a lot lighter. I am trying very hard not just to feel a terrible pain in his absence, but joy and gratefulness for having lived with him. Seems like it should be easy but somehow I can’t help feeling like everything is worse without him.

I’ll be spending lots of time with his widow, Hero, who is now bonded to Pumpkin. I know she misses him too, and they spent all their time together before he left. He had an amazing character, incredibly bold and afraid of nothing – he could even walk on wooden and tiled floors with no problem! He taught me so much about the world and we had a wonderful time together. He was inherited from a housemate who bought him for her 5 year old, and did not take care of him – so I ended up looking after him just out of default at the start. After that, we ended up living together and I could not be apart from him.

Love you Mr Rabbit!

Would love to hear how you all do things on these anniversary days? I was quite nervous about it, but I feel better today. We are going to visit the area of the first apartment where we lived with him to pay tribute.

Thanks very much for reading

• HipHopBunny
        Participant
        640 posts Send Private Message

Oh, I am so sorry! 😥 I lost my beloved bun last year too! It is like a blow when they leave us! They do teach us a lot, and always have a strong character that is very memorable. But grieving is not the answer. You can honor their spirit and what they taught us, the happy moments with them. It is always good to have a good cry to get it all out, sometimes a few cries, but don’t grieve forever, know that he wants you to be happy! I’m glad that you have another rabbit who can help you through this! 🙂 That can understand you and what you are going through, I still have the bun that knew my beloved lost one. She sometimes reminds me of her, too. Smile, laugh, be happy. 🙂

• theo_ct
          Participant

I think you are very right, i’m slowly learning to let go of my grief and feel happy about all the moments we had and the things I learned from him. He left in quite a terrible way, and I still feel guilty and doubtful about how it all happened, but I blame myself less frequently now than I did earlier on. Hero, his widow, and her new best friend, Pumpkin, are all great support through this and continue to remind me of Mr Rabbit in many ways.

Thanks for your message

• HipHopBunny
            Participant
            640 posts Send Private Message

I’m glad that you are letting go of the grief and welcoming in happiness, it’s beautiful, but that last little bit of guilt you described, you can let go of it now, Mr. Rabbit certainly doesn’t blame you, he cherishes the moments he had with you. 🙂

Sending Hugs and Happiness to you! 🙂

• Wick & Fable
              5771 posts Send Private Message

What an adorable and very loved rabbit he was 🙂 It takes time and I think it’s wonderful that you’re wondering what you can do today in commemoration.

Some people make donations to where they may have rescued/adopted their rabbit from and others simply use it as a day to relax and love the babies they have now. Whatever feels right for you!

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

• theo_ct
                Participant

Thank you everyone. We spent the day near his old, first apartment where we met him, and buried an image of him near there. We also donated to the House Rabbit Society in his name. Best wishes to you both.

• Peanutthebunny
                  Participant
                  239 posts Send Private Message

we all love you mr.rabbit you were so special to your owner and your family will love you forever and will never forget

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum RAINBOW BRIDGE Remembering Mr Rabbit