Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Home Forum DIET & CARE Recommended Pellets?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    • Tay
      Participant
      105 posts Send Private Message

Hello! 
      I’m wondering what pellets everyone is feeding their buns? I have a 2 year old mini lop and was feeding her Small Pet Select timothy hay based pellets and she loved them but i just got a new bag and she is rejecting them now – and now that I’m looking into the ingredients I’m thinking they may not be as good as I originally thought. 

What kind of pellets do you recommend for a 2 year old bun? I’ve heard good things about Oxbow and Sherwood – do you think that’s the best route to go? 

Thank you!

• olliebun
      Participant
      57 posts Send Private Message

we are currently transitioning Bentley to Sherwood’s and we love it! his fur is super soft and when we opened the bag, it looked so green and fresh

• JackRabbit
      Participant
      5407 posts Send Private Message

Sherwood pellet fan here. All of my buns get the Sherwood adult pellets (“blue” bag).

• babblingbuns
      Participant
      28 posts Send Private Message

I feed Oxbow, but as you mentioned, I’ve heard great things about Sherwood. Pellets that are packaged purely, (without extra bits like little treats), and that are Timothy hay-based, are generally considered to be the healthiest option. Always consult the ingredients, though. If you haven’t already, maybe find both brands’ ingredients, and look at them side-by-side for an easier comparison. I know it seems like an easy thing to do, but seeing them both simultaneously may help. Good luck with everything!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.