Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR Rebonding with boo

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
    • Sofia
      Participant
      348 posts Send Private Message

Hey guys, sorry I haven’t been active so much lately, back to school season is wrecking my head
        So boos a very hard bunny to bond with, it takes a long time to get her trust, and before summer (June/July) I felt we were at a stage where she was really comfortable around me, and we had some kind of bond. Well after my trip she seemed pretty okay, she was still comfortable around me but less so than when I left. Which is expected when she doesn’t see me for a month. However as each day goes pass she seems more scared around me. At this point I fell like weve lost any kind of bond we did have. If I’m siting on the couch and I stand up, she will arubtly rush back into her hide. And when I go to try and pet her, her ears go flat as if she getting ready to bite. I don’t know what I’ve done, and when I was gone my mother was taking care of her. So I know that she wasn’t picked up, handled by any children etc. Each day I try to make it better but it just gets worse. Any help?

• Bunny House
        Participant
        1241 posts Send Private Message

Tell me about it, classes stayed last week haha.

Have you gone back to the basics with bonding and sit on the floor with her and let her come to you for pets? She might think you’re a stranger and needs to rebond with you. Is she free roam? I forget from your last post about going on vacation.

• Sofia
          Participant

She’s in her shed in the garden, and I used to put her in the carrier and bring her inside a lot, but now whenever I come in, she goes straight into her hide and doesn’t come out. I’ve tried sitting with her all day too but again she goes into her hide, and if she does come out, she will avoid me at all possible costs. I know it takes time, but I’ve been doing this for almlst two weeks, and not much is changing

• Gina.Jenny
            Participant
            2244 posts Send Private Message

Two weeks isnt long, especially for girl bunnies. All of four of our girls (all rescues so more nervous maybe) took many months to get used to us. Gina was the longest, it took something like 8-9 months before we could even touch her without being scratched, Jenny still growls every time I touch her after over three years, even if she then settles down to have her ears rubbed after…

• Sofia
              Participant

Hm yes, I guess I just find it weird because Boos been with me nearly her whole life, and although she’s never been the cuddly type, she was always pretty comfortable around me. And then all of a sudden she’s terrified of me.. I’ll definitely keep trying, it’s just a bit frustrating. I’m mostly trying to find out why she’s suddenly so scared so it doesn’t happen again…

• Gina.Jenny
                Participant
                2244 posts Send Private Message

Maybe you smell different? Change in washing detergent for example? Been around other pets in someone else’s home?

Try lying on the floor with a really tasty treat in your hand that you know she likes and see if that brings her over, you’d need to be patient and let her come to you in her time not yours though!

• Sofia
                  Participant

No changes that I know of, I always wash my hands when I get home anyways. No progress so far but I will give updates

• Sofia
                    Participant

Had a breakthrough today, I came in and sat down as usual. Just started going on my phone as usual. And she came out after a few seconds and started sniffing me. I stayed in there for an hour or so more. Eventually she got tired of me and went to sleep. But it’s something

• Bunny House
                      Participant
                      1241 posts Send Private Message

Yay!!!

Viewing 8 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR Rebonding with boo