Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR Rebellious rabbit?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    • Starlightbunny
      Participant
      93 posts Send Private Message

Hi all, so lately my male rabbit Sandy who is neutered has been acting out. Last night he peed on the couch, destroyed a pillow, kicked me in the stomach, and dug his entire litter box out. He was neutered on December 15th if that helps. I don’t know if he’s acting out due to possible fluctuating hormones or maybe because he’s still young? (8 months) he’s still very good and sweet to my female rabbit Starlight.

• LBJ10
        16870 posts Send Private Message

Sounds like a phase to be honest. But it does seem a little late for it to be from the neuter. Usually things have settled down by 8 weeks at the latest.

• Starlightbunny
          Participant
          93 posts Send Private Message

I’m hoping it’s just a phase lol. I love him very dearly but he’s acting like a rebellious toddler.

• Bam
            16838 posts Send Private Message

One of my neutered buns got hormonal in Jan-Feb. It lasted a few weeks, then it subsided. The days are getting longer now in the Northern hemisphere, and amount of light greatly influences the release of  several hormones.

• LBJ10
              16870 posts Send Private Message

That’s true Bam. I think you call it March Madness. We always called it Spring Fever. Lots of animals feel it. The increasing daylight energizes them. When I was growing up, we had a cat that would go through this even though she was spayed.

• DanaNM
                8901 posts Send Private Message

I agree it sounds like a rebellious teenage bun combined with some spring fever! Hopefully he calms down in some time!

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Ana William
                  Participant
                  17 posts Send Private Message

It’s possible that the neutering could have affected his hormones, but it’s also possible that he is just being playful or testing his boundaries. Some rabbits can be more active and destructive when they are young. It’s important to provide plenty of toys, exercise, and mental stimulation to help keep rabbits entertained and prevent destructive behavior. If the issues persist, it might be a good idea to consult with a rabbit-savvy veterinarian or an animal behaviorist to determine the underlying cause and develop an appropriate behavior modification plan.

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR Rebellious rabbit?