Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BONDING Randy Girl!

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
    • Deleted User
      Participant
      22064 posts Send Private Message

This evening I put Finns Teddy in the penn Myrtle was in (not her cage), just to see what she would do. Well I am glad I did and I will defiantly not be pre-spay bonding! She is a very randy minx.

Buzzing sounds, scatter poops, circling the teddy, even urine spraying!  Not humping it but I am sure she would eventually. 

Poor Finn would get harassed by that women. So this bond can wait until she is well and truly been spayed 

They are pretty good seeing one another through bars (with buffer), so I am kinda pre-bonding for now. But I have a feeling unless the spay changes her, she is going to be circling him and humping. Finn has been given her scent to which he sniffs and hops away. 

• bunnytowne
        Participant
        7537 posts Send Private Message

IS that a picture of her the gray and white.  How beautiful.  After spay or neuter it can take a while b4 the hormones die down.  6 months to spay female and about 4 for male or when his testicals descend.  

She sounds fiesty.  lol.  Yes I agree I would wait b4 bonding the barrier is a great idea tho. 

• Deleted User
          Participant

Haha yes she is. She’s 8 months and had a litter not long ago which wont be helping. 🙂

• sarahthegemini
            Participant
            5584 posts Send Private Message

There will still likely be humping when you introduce them, but for dominance. Although you never know – my girl has never humped my boy! And she was top bun for a while (I suspect)

• Deleted User
              Participant

I hate the whole dominance thing, and i don’t like that one (probably Finn) has to be submissive. I know its a rabbit thing and I am just coming from a human respective. Seeing the whole humping thing will be hard. I know that probably sounds weird lol

• Sirius&Luna
                Participant
                2319 posts Send Private Message

Luna has never humped Atlas, but she’s definitely the dominant one, so I agree, not all rabbits do it.

The dominance thing shouldn’t be distressing, often in pairs its hard to even tell who is the dominant bunny, it’s just something they both know.

• sarahthegemini
                  Participant

Posted By Emma on 2/09/2018 5:32 AM

I hate the whole dominance thing, and i don’t like that one (probably Finn) has to be submissive. I know its a rabbit thing and I am just coming from a human respective. Seeing the whole humping thing will be hard. I know that probably sounds weird lol

I can see where you’re coming from. I don’t know if this is the case with you but I find it can be easy to associate dominance with bullying and submission with being bullied. But it isn’t like that at all with rabbits. It’s difficult in most pairs to actually tell who is which as they both groom each other and look out for each other. Well, my two don’t groom each other much but they do snuggle together and cuddle a lot. They behave like equals I guess you could say

• Deleted User
                    Participant

Thanks guys!

I think its the bullying thought and that we humans (most) don’t have a dominate one.  But i know its different for us. Its like with dogs, why dose there need to be a leader. It annoys me 

If I have an annoying boss I just let him think his dominate to keep the peace….i most certainly wouldn’t take kind to him humping me LOL. Can you image! 

• sarahthegemini
                      Participant

Posted By Emma on 2/09/2018 10:33 AM

Thanks guys!

I think its the bullying thought and that we humans (most) don’t have a dominate one.  But i know its different for us. Its like with dogs, why dose there need to be a leader. It annoys me 

If I have an annoying boss I just let him think his dominate to keep the peace….i most certainly wouldn’t take kind to him humping me LOL. Can you image! 

LMFAO 

• Sirius&Luna
                        Participant
                        2319 posts Send Private Message

• Deleted User
                          Participant

literally just read this thread and can’t stop laughing. you girls crack me up xD Emma, I certainly agree with you!

• Deleted User
                            Participant

Hmm Myrtle isn’t eating much and I think she may have lost a little weight. When I got home from work I thought she was dead she was so still! I notices that she had only eaten her Kale today. So i took her out of her cage and did the normal procedure got GI. I have softened up her pellets. But all she’s bothered about is chinning everything. She’s moving around fine, in fact shes kinda active and she has done poops (a couple where mis shaped which i know means slow gutt). She is just a little off her food and I have noticed she has been for a few days.

I really think she’s more forced on breeding because of Finn. I know when a doe has had one litter they are desperate for another and she is in the same room as a male. Finns been fixed but i guess her instincts don’t care about that right? 

Finn is due in the vet tomorrow morning – but if she hasn’t eaten much more I will take her instead. 

I think she’s got humping on her mind 

• Deleted User
                              Participant

Myrtle is booked in for her spay on Thursday 

Viewing 12 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BONDING Randy Girl!