Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR Random Unwanted Peeing

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    • potatobuns
      Participant
      1 posts Send Private Message

Potato is a year and a half old male bunny. He is neutered and potty-trained, he never pees anywhere other than his litter box. My boyfriend and I both share Potato, but, for the most part, Potato lives with me. He is also free roaming and has access to my entire apartment. My boyfriend lives three hours away from me, Potato and I get to see him once a month for 6-7 days at a time. When I visit, Potato has complete freedom in my boyfriend’s bedroom. My boyfriend wanted me to leave Potato at his place for the first time, so I did. But right after I left, Potato has been pooping and peeing on my boyfriend’s bed nonstop. My boyfriend and I can not figure out why Potato is doing this and how to get him to stop. 

It’s just so weird because he has never done this before.

Why is he doing this and how can my boyfriend get him to stop?

• Kiki
        Participant
        205 posts Send Private Message

my thought is that it isn’t his normal space so he is marking territory. Is he neutered? Also, it may be behavioral, you said you’ve never left him just your boyfriend and potato? Animals can be really, really particular about whom they deem to be their primary human.

• LBJ10
          16908 posts Send Private Message

I agree. It sounds like he is seeing this as new territory and he is feeling compelled to mark it.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR Random Unwanted Peeing