Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS Rag Rugs!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    • Alicia Conklin
      Participant
      721 posts Send Private Message

I forget what post it was but I’m pretty sure it was in here that I mentioned rag rugs and wondering if Tucker would like it.  Well…I tried it today and she absolutely loves it.  She’s been lounging on it, chinning it, nibbling on it..kind of the way that she grooms her stuffies…she just really seems to love it.  I wouldn’t say it’s really a TOY but it does seem to really interest her so I thought I’d post what they are.

http://crochet.about.com/library/weekly/aa092599.htm  This site has some instructions on how to do it.  Mine is a round one which I think is probably the easiest.  And it isn’t perfect by any means which is why I never used it as a rug..it kind of ripples beacuse I didn’t up the stitches evenly I guess..but Tucker seems to love the ridges even more because they’re something to explore and stick her head under or to step on to feel them go down and make a new ripple next to them.  And they’re definitely quick, easy and cheap.  Any kind of fabric can be used.  Mine is made out of old sheets, I think I’m going to make a few more..one out of fleece and one out of terry towels so that she has some different textures to explore   I’ll have to post a picture of her with hers later.

• Beka27
        Participant
        16016 posts Send Private Message

i don’t think i’d be able to do that, but very cool! that’s awesome that she likes it!

• Balefulregards
          Participant
          715 posts Send Private Message

You know that is an EXCELLENT idea – Coco LOVES my braided wool, but I stop her from chewing on it as it took me AGES to make – But this pattern looks a bit faster and less “precise”.

• MooBunnay
            Participant
            3087 posts Send Private Message

Here is a very interesting article on how to turn newspaper into “yarn” – and then you could crochet all kinds of stuff out of it: http://greenupgrader.com/2138/handspun-recycled-newspaper-yarn/

• Alicia Conklin
              Participant
              721 posts Send Private Message

Wow how cool! Tucker would love that.  I might try that and see if I can make something for her for Christmas hehe

• MooBunnay
                Participant
                3087 posts Send Private Message

Just have to watch the flammability of those things! Don’t put one in front of the fireplace or too close to the Christmas tree!

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS Rag Rugs!