Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BONDING Rabbits fighting but still cuddling??!!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    • Captain Jackie
      Participant
      15 posts Send Private Message

What the heck! I’m so confused. My rabbits seem SO CLOSE to being bonded, they have all the signs. They cuddle, play, groom, and share toys and the playspace. However, they still haven’t completely accepted a dominant/submissive position. BUT, when they’ve fought over it (I looked away for literally a second and then fur was flying) they IMMEDIATELY go back to being friends and cuddling/grooming. I am so at a loss at this point because I have read nothing that helps. They’re spayed females who had the operation at 6 months and are now a year old. They’ve been living side by side separated by bars and have known each other since they were kits. They have been very good lately about sharing the playspace EXCEPT when it comes to demanded grooming, and that’s when it’s obvious that there’s still tension.

It’s just so confusing and exhausting… they get anxious when they’re separated and yet can’t seem to be together. They show all the signs of being friends and yet they do this. They even groom each other and play… and yet they do this.

Is it a time thing??? Do I just have to wait? When they were teens (even months after they were spayed) they couldn’t be together at all, not even for a second in the same space or they’d go at each other. It’s incredible that they’ve progressed this far but it’s exhausting for everyone involved. Obviously if I had known same sex pairs didn’t match well and kits had false bonds I wouldn’t have got them together. The biggest reason I don’t want to send one away is because we are so close.
        Ugh.

Also why do they get over their fights so quickly?!?!?

• pinkiemarie
        Participant
        414 posts Send Private Message

Sounds like they’re close but just not quite bonded. They won’t be fully bonded until one of them accepts the submissive role and it can take time. My pair went through the same thing but eventually they worked it out and now they’re so in love!

• Captain Jackie
          Participant

@pinkiemarie Ok that’s good, even just knowing that someone had something similar happen makes me feel better!! Gives me hope for the last few miles, eheh…

• Captain Jackie
            Participant

Update: They had one huge spat and now they’re fine! Only a few minor scrapes. CJ has now accepted her subordinate position. ^_^

Lucky for her, Lizzie loves giving grooming so the only thing CJ is missing out on is first dibs of things!

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BONDING Rabbits fighting but still cuddling??!!