Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS Rabbit that doesn’t like people

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    • NalaBunny
      Participant
      34 posts Send Private Message

I have a rabbit named Nala that I got from a shelter. Her previous owner had a lot of pets and never had the time to be able to handle Nala. She is about 3-4 years old with a big 6′ by 8′ cage. I am hoping to free roam her in my room soon but she hates it when I’m in the room with her. The only time I’m aloud in her cage without her thumping is when it’s food time. I’ve tried several techniques to bond with her but nothing is working. Her favorite thing in the world is other animals and I’m hoping to get another rabbit for her but i can’t do that till she is a free-roam bunny. Does anyone have tips to help me bond with miss Nala?

• Willowsanimalworld
        Participant
        16 posts Send Private Message

Hi! Willow here, I am deffinetly not an expert, but I do have a few tips for you. Maybe try to bond with her in a different room than where her cage is. From what I hear, it sounds like she’s being territorial. I would also recommend getting her spayed, this should help a lot with the bonding process. I too have a very feisty rabbit, so I’ll share how I bonded with him. First I took him out of his cage too free roam, and I slayed on the floor he came up to me several times… something I learned is do NOT pet them the first time you do this. I continued this for about 2-3 days until I felt that he was getting used to me. The second thing I did, was while he was free-roaming I put his veggies all over me. If he hopped on top of me, I would pet him. after a little while of doing this, I started to sit up and have the food in my lap. Now I have the cuddliest rabbit ever! But something I did notice, was that he started to be a lot calmer after he was fixed. I hope that this helps you out a bit! But just keep in mind, not every rabbit will love to be held, pet, or even sat with.

• NalaBunny
          Participant
          34 posts Send Private Message

She is spayed, she just doesn’t act like it. Thank you for the helpful tip I will definitely have to try and take her to a different place to bond with her. I’ve never heard of that but it definitely makes sense. As of right now I have two non bonded bunnies in my room and so she’s not always very comfortable due to the other bunny. I’m glad that you and your bunny gets along now.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS Rabbit that doesn’t like people