Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Rabbit Snoring

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • Sarita
      Participant
      18851 posts Send Private Message

Anyone else here have a rabbit that snores?

My rabbit Mango has a mighty loud snore – I can hear it upstairs at night (he’s my downstairs rabbit).  It’s odd that of my 11 rabbits, he’s my only snorer.

I wondered if it was something to be concerned with – he eats just fine, no sneezing, no discharge, nothing like that.

I know in human’s snoring is the result of numerous things including sleep apnea, blocked nasal passages, etc..not sure if that’s the same for rabbits too.

• Scarlet_Rose
        Participant
        4293 posts Send Private Message

I hadn’t heard that it is a danger to rabbits. But I know that there is at least one owner here with a snorer. That’s a good question!

• cerise
          Participant
          10 posts Send Private Message

You can have the vet check your bunny’s lungs if you’re concerned.  (Does your bunny snore when he isn’t sleeping?)

Normally, snoring in bunnies is caused by a ‘soft palate’ in the roof of their mouths (it can flop around a bit when they’re sleeping.)  It can get louder/more noticeable when they get older or when they gain weight.  Unless it gets in the way of his eating or drinking, normally, it’s not a problem for the bunny (unless you want a show-animal.)

• DustBunneh'sMama
            Participant
            77 posts Send Private Message

Overweight humans tend to snore more than those of average weight, so maybe if he’s overweight see if going on a diet and slimming down a bit will help?  Just an idea…

• MooBunnay
              Participant
              3087 posts Send Private Message

Hahaha – how cute! He must be a sound sleeper I don’t imagine that it would be a problem unless he was also breathing loudly when awake.

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Rabbit Snoring