Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE Rabbit Raisins…the OTHER bunny treat

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
    • MimzMum
      Participant
      8029 posts Send Private Message

Okay, this is weird. Granted Pip had some treats last night (a papaya tablet, a critter berry tablet and few Craisins, since she’d been such a good bun for the day) and I was prepared to see that she’d left a cecotroph in the litter box today. But I just walked past the xpen and *shock* there she is eating her regular rabbit raisins that fell out on the floor after she left the litter box.

Any reason why a bun would eat these instead of the ones she’s supposed to eat? Besides a gut flora imbalance? (only thing I can think of-poor thing may never see another Craisin-and now I’m wondering about the papaya/critter berries too)

• Kokaneeandkahlua
        Participant
        12067 posts Send Private Message

I don’t know that there is any particular reason-their may very well be. But I have noticed that mine occasionally eat their regular poops. Not alot though

• JK
          Participant
          2223 posts Send Private Message

Honestly, I think that is way too many treats in one sitting! I would only give one of those. Maybe that’s too many carbs and why she produced too many cecotropes and got confused???

• babybunsmum
            Participant
            3896 posts Send Private Message

lol… i’ve seen both my buns eat regular droppings on occasion.  i haven’t attributed it to anything so far.  it’s def not from extra treats over here… i’m stingy with treats since both buns had to trim down a bit.  i kinda thought they were wondering if the dog was onto something

• Kokaneeandkahlua
              Participant
              12067 posts Send Private Message

^^LOL

• MimzMum
                Participant

Too many treats? *blush* Hogeeze, you’d think I’d learn by now.
                  I am beginning to think Pip just has a VERY sensitive system. Mimzy doesn’t have anywhere NEAR this much trouble. But after all, Pip was our pet store bun, she spent all her time in one of those glass tanks with other bunnies crawling all over her (one may have been a litter mate) and nothing but wood chips to potty in. She seemed SO happy when she came to live with us, all that free space and fresh air! But now, I don’t know, she seems more nervous now than she did when she first arrived. And her appetite takes such galactic swings.
                  Thank God for BB hay though! Pip eschews Timothy and anything else like it, Orchard went by the wayside LONG ago, but boy does she love that new wheat hay and the oat is gone almost immediately from the time I put it down and she is begging for more as soon as the last mouthful goes down. Maybe that and a little Romaine each day are all she really needs? (plus her ration of pellets for overnight, which she seems to be losing interest in)
                  BBM, lolz! My dog, it’s not enough that he snacks on his own dung, he goes to the garbage and finds all the bags I’ve dumped bunny poo in. They are all over the yard in less than 30 seconds. There isn’t an EW! loud enough!

• BBMommy
                  Participant
                  57 posts Send Private Message

Brownie has done this before…just a few here and there, and from putting on my detective hat, in our case, he seems to do it when he is bored. If it’s a day where I haven’t let him out for as many hours as usual, or whatever. I usually rearrange a few things, give him a new toy, etc. It’s seems to be just his personality, but hard to tell!
                    Kim

• MimzMum
                    Participant

Well I’ve refrained from giving her treats. we’re going to stick to just hay, romaine lettuce and her nightly pellet portion. She seems much better today.
                      She sure knows how to play the guilt card though. I can’t look her in the eye when she comes to the pen bars, begging.

• Deleted User
                      Participant
                      22064 posts Send Private Message

my bun doesn’t even eat his poops.at least the good ones that he is suppose to eat.

Viewing 8 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE Rabbit Raisins…the OTHER bunny treat