Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Rabbit poop, normal or not?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    • BunBun260
      Participant
      132 posts Send Private Message

So I woke up this morning and noticed that my female rabbit, Bunnie, poop had changed colors. She usually has a light brown poo, but this one is a greyish color, with a little brown. I did open one of them just to see if the inside of it looked normal, and it looked normal. So I’m a little thrown off. Can anyone tell me if this is normal and what it means? I have included a picture of her grey poop next to her normal color ones.

• BunBun260
        Participant
          Just to add, her diet hasn’t changed. Her diet is: unlimited timothy hay, about 2 tablespoons of pellets (oxbow), and green leaf and romaine lettuce. I have also been giving her a digestive support tablet for 2 weeks now.

Just to add, romaine and green leaf are cleared in my area, I live in one of the states that were cleared.

• creepycrepes
          Participant
          11 posts Send Private Message

Maybe you should give her less pellets and try making her eat more hay. Or it could be that she’s starting to go threw GI stasis, so you might want to call your vet and ask just in case. Sorry i’m no expert, but I give ya my support.

• DanaNM
            8901 posts Send Private Message

Hi Bunbun,

Very strange indeed. When you break them open to they have a a lot chewed up hay inside them? The fact that they are the same size and shape as the others is good, but that color is really weird.

I checked this handy guide and don’t really see anything like that: https://imgur.com/a/5N4lD

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• BunBun260
              Participant

When I break them up, they have hay inside and look normal. They are a little harder then usually though. When I got home today they are now almost completely white/tan grey color . I’m very confused on what to do. They both are acting fine. It seems like Bun Bun is having it now too.

• DanaNM
                8901 posts Send Private Message

Very strange… I’ve asked the other forum leaders if they’ve seen anything similar before.

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• jerseygirl
                  22338 posts Send Private Message

I think this is related to a newer thread of yours, right?
                    She had eaten clay?
                    Perhaps both got into it?

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Rabbit poop, normal or not?