Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR Rabbit loves her cage

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    • Randi
      Participant
      1 posts Send Private Message

I’m a complete Newb, not just to this site, but to rabbits. Long story short, a customer where I work after briefly speaking of how my daughter loves her stuffed rabbit came back, dropped a tiny rabbit in my hands & left. 

Every time I google “why is my rabbit trying to kill itself.” the first result is you lot, who come save the day for our little sniffles. So thank you so much, but I can’t seem to find a solution to my current Sniffle dilemma. 

**We have a bangal cat** she is wild, but Sniffles seem to bully Pikachu around,, (she really is the worst at being cat)

So Sniffle’s has a cage(that I think is too small) but she only goes in there at night, else wise she has her door open & she is free to destroy the house, but she doesn’t! she sits in her cage all day, legs stretched out super chill on her plastic suspended panel.

The floor outside her care is carpet, (& thanks to you lot, I have devised a memory foam cage floor wrapped in felt(or whatever that soft fabric is) to keep her feet safe, but all she does is sit there. (and eat, maybe I’m not feeding her enough? I give her a bowl of food in the morning & at night before bed, and she attacks it like a zombie feasting – along with a constant supply of hay)

Do you lot have any ideas why she won’t come out? I do have a three year old daughter, that sniffles follows around like a baby chick when she’s actually out of the cage & she is very gentle with her, but she is three.. and she can be loud. maybe its too noisy?

I just want her to be happy.  I’m sorry if I’m not forum awesome, I’m just at my wits end trying to make Sniffles happy.

Thank you, Randi

• Azerane
        4688 posts Send Private Message

Hi Randi, welcome to the forum

It looks like Sniffles is still very young, so I expect that being in a new environment with new people sounds and smells etc is very scary for such a young rabbit. She will adjust to your daughter in time, although if you can it would be better that when Sniffles comes out, your daughter sits and simply watches her run around, rather than following close behind. Being prey animals, rabbits can get scared easily if they feel under threat. Rabbits however are naturally curious and when Sniffles gets a bit more confidence will approach your daughter to see what she’s about. The noises she will certainly adjust to as well, I have a large parrot in the same room as my rabbits and they barely bat an eyelid when my parrot squawks.

Providing she has a constant supply of hay, she won’t be starving. That being said, she is a very young growing rabbit and depending on how many pellets you are providing in her bowl morning and night, you may need to increase the amount being given. Young rabbits can technically be given unlimited pellets, however some rabbits also have no self control and will gorge themselves. You could probably feed 1/2 to 1cup of pellets for the day.

Also, Sniffles is very cute

• Tgbarber
          Participant
          85 posts Send Private Message

I thought she meant the bun follows the little girl around. I think between being young, being in new environment with a small child and a predator, she’s being a normal bunny. She’s just being cautious and needs time to acclimate and trust her surroundings

• Tgbarber
            Participant
            85 posts Send Private Message

Oh and i forgot…Sniffles is a cutie patootie!

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR Rabbit loves her cage