Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR Rabbit is acting very hyper and crazy

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
    • mschoonover11
      Participant
      288 posts Send Private Message

Lately Toby has just been in a really hyper mood and acts like he has ants in his pants. Wait, what pants?…

He has a huge XL dog play pen that has a lot of toys tunnels(etc.) and he never plays with those. He chews and bites his x pen 24/7 and it keeps me up at night. When I let him out to free roam daily, he goes crazy. He made a hole in the wall, jumped on top of my dresser, digs and makes holes in the carpet, ughh I can just go on and on. My house is never quiet because of him. He’s always making a ton of noise! As I’m writing this, he’s chewing these wood panels I put in front of my wall so that he wouldn’t make a bigger hole in it. He’s also knocking over his water bowl and also takes the hay out of his hay rack and then it falls to the ground. Pls help or tell me what to do ASAP! That’s why I want to get him a friend to be distracted with, but the rest of my family doesn’t want to at the moment. They will let me later on, but not this month.

Ohhh, and I forgot to mention, he is already neutered, so idk why he’s acting like this. Aren’t they supposed to calm down when they’re neutered? He wasn’t this crazy before being neutered.

• Luna
        Participant
        2219 posts Send Private Message

Luna’s been acting up too! This past week, every day, she has been chewing on my hair and digging at my pillow around 4 a.m.

It could be a hormonal surge if he was neutered recently, but wasn’t he neutered a while ago? If he’s acting out of boredom, then a friend will help . Some buns are just hyper than others though, so he might act the same even if you get him a friend.

Maybe try a heavier ceramic water bowl so he can’t tip it over?

• Deleted User
          Participant
          22064 posts Send Private Message

I agree with Luna, it’s probably just his hormones going crazy as they try to adjust. I know he was neutered within the past month, so definitely give it a little more time. It can take up to two months for them to fully drain and level out.

Goodness what is it with these buns this week! Asriel has started taking the grate off his litter box and banging it against the sides of his cage. When I get up and go to his cage, he stops and looks at me with such sweet innocent eyes. He did it all night last night.

• Luna
            Participant
            2219 posts Send Private Message

Posted By Asriel and Bombur on 3/05/2018 12:56 PM

I agree with Luna, it’s probably just his hormones going crazy as they try to adjust. I know he was neutered within the past month, so definitely give it a little more time. It can take up to two months for them to fully drain and level out.

Goodness what is it with these buns this week! Asriel has started taking the grate off his litter box and banging it against the sides of his cage. When I get up and go to his cage, he stops and looks at me with such sweet innocent eyes. He did it all night last night.

Agree with A&B . I thought he was neutered over a month ago but I was mistaken.

(A&B – They are just too cute, aren’t they? )

• Bam
              16836 posts Send Private Message

It’s March. We all know what March does to buns ?March hare syndrome is a real thing. Buns become a lot more active this time of year even if they’re desexed.

In Toby’s case March coincides with his recent neuter. He’s likely “suffering” from post-neuter craze. It should subside within a couple of weeks.

• mschoonover11
                Participant

Posted By Luna on 3/05/2018 11:25 AM

Luna’s been acting up too! This past week, every day, she has been chewing on my hair and digging at my pillow around 4 a.m.

It could be a hormonal surge if he was neutered recently, but wasn’t he neutered a while ago? If he’s acting out of boredom, then a friend will help . Some buns are just hyper than others though, so he might act the same even if you get him a friend. 

Maybe try a heavier ceramic water bowl so he can’t tip it over?

Thanks Luna 

He was neutered on January 23rd, so I’m pretty sure he’s going through the post-neuter-craze. I really hope I can finally get a second bun soon 

And when you said that Luna was chewing on your hair, Toby did the same thing to me today

It’s just so cute <3

• mschoonover11
                  Participant

Posted By Asriel and Bombur on 3/05/2018 12:56 PM

Thanks A&B! I totally agree with you. Toby’s hormones are definitely going crazy lol. 

LOL I’m glad to hear that Toby’s not the only one acting up I love buns  They’re just so unique in their own way.

• mschoonover11
                    Participant

Posted By bam on 3/05/2018 1:21 PM

It’s March. We all know what March does to buns ?March hare syndrome is a real thing. Buns become a lot more active this time of year even if they’re desexed.

In Toby’s case March coincides with his recent neuter. He’s likely “suffering” from post-neuter craze. It should subside within a couple of weeks.

Thanks bam! 

Haha I had no idea that March was a month that makes buns go crazy! That’s so cool and funny! He’s acting EXTRA crazy, so I think it’s a mix of post neuter craze and March

Viewing 7 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR Rabbit is acting very hyper and crazy