Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS Rabbit Hay Bag

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    • JackWabbit13
      Participant
      73 posts Send Private Message

Hey y’all! Having a little trouble with hay

So, my litterbox, which is the one Jumping Jack likes the most, is hooded. That means I can’t put a hay rack next to it that’s accessible from inside the box

I had this little apple stick hay feeder, and I hung it in her litterbox. Then she ate all the hay, then she dismantled the feeder

So is there a hay bag for rabbits? Like the ones you put in a horse trailer, but smaller and chew safe? Maybe a way to make one out of a chew safe rope?

• Wick & Fable
        5781 posts Send Private Message

Some people hand-make hay feeders out of cloth and some people just cut some holes in cardboard boxes for hay feeders. Depending on the size of the litterbox, you could also just forgo the hay feeder and put hay directly in the litterbox as well.

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

• JackWabbit13
            Participant
            73 posts Send Private Message

I tried the boxes, she ate a bigger hole in them, slept in it for a couple weeks, then destroyed it. I also tried no feeder, then she tore it up, mixed it with the litter, and peed and pooped on it. Then the hay was blocking the pine smell of the litter, and she stank the place up FAST

If cloth is safe, my grandma likes to make stuff with me, maybe she can show me how to use the machine and make a cloth hay bag

• Wick & Fable
              5781 posts Send Private Message

If your rabbit is not prone to eating/destroying fabric, a handmade hay feeder out of cloth would be fine — I’d aim for 100% cotton just in case. Make sure the holes are a safe size (i.e., not one where they can get stuck in it).

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

Viewing 1 reply thread
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS Rabbit Hay Bag