Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Rabbit hasn’t pooped much in hours

• This topic has 9sd replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by JLH.
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
    • Eliana
      Participant
      12 posts Send Private Message

Hello there! Yesterday I came back home and cleaned my rabbit’s cage and since I cleaned it she hasn’t pooped more than 10 feces, I’m worried because by now she would have pooped way more than that. I checked on her yesterday and there was a single poop in her cage but when I came back there was nothing in there. My sister told me she saw about 5 poops in her cage but they also disappeared? I don’t know how that could be possible unless it was cdcotropes and she ate them but the poop I saw was gone too, I thought she could’ve might kicked them but I didn’t see any poops outside her cage. Before I went to sleep I checked on her and there were a few more poops (around 3/4) and I woke up a few minutes ago and went to check on her and her cage is still the same, there are only the same poops from last night. Should I be worried about this?
        By the way, she ate and drank normally yesterday but i haven’t fed her today.
        Any help is appreciated, thank you!

• Bunny House
        Participant
        1241 posts Send Private Message

Is she molting by chance? Most times when buns molt they injest some hair and can pass it along but sometimes it’s too much and hey can get a blockage ( mine had one and died from it). I would take to the vet and get an X-ray as it is molting time and make sure there is no blockage. Then you can start to force feed and do fluids and give pain meds. A blockage when force feeding can rupture the intestines so always do a X-ray before force feeding. How is she doing now? A bun who hasn’t ate or pooped in more than 8-12 hr is an emergency and needs to be seen by a vet ASAP

• Eliana
          Participant

Posted By Bunny House on 3/09/2019 8:18 AM
            Is she molting by chance? Most times when buns molt they injest some hair and can pass it along but sometimes it’s too much and hey can get a blockage ( mine had one and died from it). I would take to the vet and get an X-ray as it is molting time and make sure there is no blockage. Then you can start to force feed and do fluids and give pain meds. A blockage when force feeding can rupture the intestines so always do a X-ray before force feeding. How is she doing now? A bun who hasn’t ate or pooped in more than 8-12 hr is an emergency and needs to be seen by a vet ASAP

omg yes she is molting, I’m pretty sure that’s the reason. Thank you! I’ll take her to the vet.

• DanaNM
            8901 posts Send Private Message

Yes, my Bun Jovi just had a stasis scare from molting. Do please get her to the vet. Bun Jovi needed pain meds and a lot of fluids to get his tummy moving again.

Has she eaten? Keep offering her her favorite greens, dripping wet. The fiber and moisture can help move things along. Tummy rubs and encouraging movement can also help!

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Eliana
              Participant

Posted By DanaNM on 3/09/2019 10:12 AM
                Yes, my Bun Jovi just had a stasis scare from molting. Do please get her to the vet. Bun Jovi needed pain meds and a lot of fluids to get his tummy moving again.

Has she eaten? Keep offering her her favorite greens, dripping wet. The fiber and moisture can help move things along. Tummy rubs and encouraging movement can also help!

omg I’m v worried hahah thank you sm I’ll try to do that, she pooped on me and it was 3 poops but very small, that’s a good sign though, isn’t it? Nonetheless I’ll give her greens, thank you again

• Bam
                16836 posts Send Private Message

Any poop is a good sign, but 3 small ones is way too little. Try to make her move around a bit. If she eats greens it’s very good, but if she refuses all food, she really should see a vet.

Keep us posted!

• Eliana
                  Participant

Posted By bam on 3/09/2019 11:04 AM
                    Any poop is a good sign, but 3 small ones is way too little. Try to make her move around a bit. If she eats greens it’s very good, but if she refuses all food, she really should see a vet.

Keep us posted!

I gave her the greens and took her out of her cage and I just put her back and she left a very small poops but right after she pooped the normal size, not much feces but she’s much better now. She pooped normally throughout the day. I’ll still check her in the morning, though.
                    Thank you for the help!

• Bam
                    16836 posts Send Private Message

I’m glad to hear it! Thanks for the update!

Simethicone baby gas drops is a good thing to have in the bunny First-Aid kit. It can be given at first sign of tummy trouble and its often surprisingly effective.

Keep keeping a close eye on her. Hopefully she’ll be fine now.

• DanaNM
                      8901 posts Send Private Message

Yes thanks for the update! Glad she is doing better!

Quick response with wet greens, tummy rubs, movement, and simethicone are great first step whenever you suspect something is up.

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• JLH
                        Participant
                        94 posts Send Private Message

I always have Sherwood Digestive support tablets in my bunny supplies, they work great for when bunnies ingest too much hair from molting. I also have the Sherwood Urinary support tablets to flush my bun from eating greens, the greens make her pee strong smelling and the tablets clear it up. she eats the tablets no problem, I add them to her pellets when needed.

Viewing 9 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Rabbit hasn’t pooped much in hours