Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE Rabbit Bronchitis

• This topic has 1sd reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Bam.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    • kepuff
      Participant
      1 posts Send Private Message

My little Peanut has been sneezing and wheezing recently even after 14 days of antibiotics. He doesn’t have any mucus, but i don’t want him to suffer with breathing. What should I do? 😥

• Bam
        16875 posts Send Private Message

It’s not uncommon for a rabbit bacterial cold to require a longer course of antibiotics. If you havent seen any improvement at all in 2 weeks, it could be that the antibiotic you got is not the right kind for the type of bacteria that are making him ill.

I think you should consult with your vet. If you call them and explain the situation, it might be possible for them to prescribe more antibiotics, or a different type of antibiotics, without you having to take your bun for a whole new vet visit.

It is very good that there is no thick mucus! It could mean  that the course of antibiotics has eradicated the bad bacteria, but his nasal mucosa is still a bit irritated – much like when we humans sometimes cough for several weeks after we’ve had a chest cold.

Another possibility is that he has an allergy, in which case your vet could suggest you try Benadryl.

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE Rabbit Bronchitis