Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Quick QUestion/update

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    • BunMumTiff
      Participant
      241 posts Send Private Message

So Oreo is doing SOOO WELL now he is back in the living room and in his new home. Still reminds me of Dora though but we are working past that. So I was using Aspen in the cage as the floor was a little slippery but Oreo is gettin the shavings everywhere as when we get up in the night etc to walk by the cage she gets freaked out and the shavings and stuff go flying. But i have noticed the stubbrun thing lol has finally started goin in only one area YAY this excites me as now I just introduced the little box again. the cage is big enough that the litter box doesnt take up half the cageonly about 1/3 which is good. So I got rid of ALL shavings…..I am going to get some newspaper pellets as the pet store has yesterdays news for rabbits and hopefully he takes to the litter box

Question once I get Oreo use to the litter box to change over the litter can I gradually add it whenw e are transitioning? ALso one litter trained Oreo is not a biter at all so I dont think he will bite a blanket but would Oreo pee on it LOL I dont want my little baby to be smelly because he likes to pee in her blankets.

But I havent tried to take Oreo out of the cage as Oreo was not one to be picked up in the first place. SO I thought maybe a week or two gettin use to the litter box then re introduce him to the kitchen until he gets use to using the litter as I have carpets everywhere else.

• Scarlet_Rose
        Participant
        4293 posts Send Private Message

I just want to clarify, you are talking about changing litter in the litter box?

• BunMumTiff
          Participant

ya, sorry I did not realize how confussin my post was lol. I had aspen al over the cage but it was way to messy. So i put a litter box in the cage and only put the aspen in there. It is going WONDERFUL no accidents at all. But the aspen does not contain smell whats so ever. So i bought some yesterdays news and I am mixing it into the Aspen is this ok?

• Scarlet_Rose
            Participant
            4293 posts Send Private Message

Oh hey, no worries! I just wanted to make sure I was answering the right question.  That sounds just fine.  A litter that some of us tried and are pleased as punch with is the Aspen Supreme. It is a pelletized litter made from aspen and even works great mixed with Yesterday’s News! Anyway, juse something to keep in mind. I am so pleased to hear that you guy is doing so well! You must be such a proud bunny mama!

• BunMumTiff
              Participant

I am very proud thank you, we are going on day three of no accidents outside the litter box just the occasinal poop pellet from him jumpin in and out fof the litter box

• Gravehearted
                Participant
                2428 posts Send Private Message

that’s fantastic news!! hurray Oreo!!!

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Quick QUestion/update